Poll On Piranhas

Do you think putting another decent sized fish(A cichilid, shark, oscar, etc) into a tank with red-b

• Yes (Feel free to post reasons for the way you feel)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (Feel free to post reasons for the way you feel)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sryan0609

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering everyone's' opinion about whether or not you should keep other fish, that you don't really want to be eaten, in a red-bellied piranha tank.

Please feel free to comment on you opinions, and what kind of fish you have with your piranhas.

Thanks

Don't take this personally but only someone with a real lack of knowledge would risk adding any other free swimming fish to a tank that contains a shoal of piranhas, you only have to search youtube to view the consequences

Seems the results are rather convincing.

NO.

Don't take this personally but only someone with a real lack of knowledge would risk adding any other free swimming fish to a tank that contains a shoal of piranhas, you only have to search youtube to view the consequences

Was that directed at me? Dont get why you quoted me :blink: Unless you was expanding on my point lol

NO.

Was that directed at me? Dont get why you quoted me :blink: Unless you was expanding on my point lol

no not in any way, just forgot to remove the quote part on the reply

NO.

no not in any way, just forgot to remove the quote part on the reply

Oh ok :lol:

And I agree with what you say :good:

computer_says____no_by_carizzle.gif

sorry mate, you can keep asking the same question in different ways but your always going to get the same reply

Yeah, keep other fish with your piranhas! if you don't like them. In certain cases Piranhas in captivity start to eat each other, they're not going to think twice about munching on your nice expensive plec or Cichlid.

This is only from hearsay and what I've read, but if you do a bit of research you'll see that's the general opinion. Species only tbh, and even then, it's a risky business.

NO.

yea im starting to lean ur way....but everyone said that they dont have pirahnas?

no i know that they r prolly gonna get killed but i just wanted to see if there was any fish that could stay with them...and i was just planning on getting another fish if i could fins it for a very cheap price

NO.

yea im starting to lean ur way....but everyone said that they dont have pirahnas?
That's not true. Your 3rd question states that if they answered "yes" then what was the result. Other than 1 person who's fish had been attacked and another that has only had the other fish with them for less than a month, the others said that it did't apply to them as they had answered "no" to the previous questions.

That's not true. Your 3rd question states that if they answered "yes" then what was the result. Other than 1 person who's fish had been attacked and another that has only had the other fish with them for less than a month, the others said that it did't apply to them as they had answered "no" to the previous questions.
[/quote]

oooo..well what i meant in the question was like have you ever had fish with ur piranhas, if so how long? and do you currently have pirahnas with other fish

i worded the question wrong

and when i saw that the people who said no to #1 said no to #2 i was thinkin that they didnt have 1st hand xperience with fish with piranhas..
did that make any sense

i was thinkin that they didnt have 1st hand xperience with fish with piranhas..

I have never kept Piranhas personally but work in a LFS that sells them, (have worked here for nearly 7 years)

Over the years I can recall a common pleco, 2 hypancistrus white tiger plecs, and a shovelnose that were literally ripped to pieces by the Piranhas when they were stupidly housed together in store. I definitely have seen first hand what these fish can do

and tbh there are many more people on here that have an extensive knowledge of Piranhas, but what is the point of them offering their advise when your obviously going to ignore it and furthermore come out with comments like this

no i know that they r prolly gonna get killed but i just wanted to see if there was any fish that could stay with them...and i was just planning on getting another fish if i could fins it for a very cheap price

If you really have to have tankmates then go for exodons, these have the best chance of survival

It does make sense but isn't what the question says. Of course, I guess you can assume that since 16 people answered no to 1 & 2, then they indeed don't have first hand experience with mixing piranhas and other fish but just know the nature of piranhas well enough to know what the outcome would be. Not certain where the other 2 votes came from since on one answered yes to 1 or 2.

Most reactions

Back