Plumbing Bits Help!

weezawoo

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Have had a few problems which put back my plumbing so am getting round to it today.

The guy in my lfs explained it nicely to me but I cdon't see how it goes together and they are shut today!!! It will be longwinded so I apologise for that!

I should explain the system I will be plumbing up first off. Basically holes in top back corners. On the right hand side the pipe will run diagonally down the back of the tank to the left side. On the end will be a ballvalve. This pipe is 25mm pipe so help noise etc. On the left side the pipe runs straight down to the sump, no ballvalve. Onn the tank connector inside the tank there will be a 90degree bend. This means if the other pipe gets blocked this one takes the water and makes enough noise so I notice. This piping is 32mm. He said on the tank connectors the inside is 25 and outside 32.

Okay so... lets start with the pipe running 32mm. The tank conector willl fit a 32mm 90bend on the side without threading. But on the side that s threaded, the 90 wont fit. It touches all of 2mm of the fitting. The 32mm pipe doesn't fit over it either. The 25mm pipe fits inside it but this doesn't help me at all. He said the thread should be on the outside so how do I get the pipe and fittings to connect to it? Apart from that the rest on that pipe is fine.

So for the 25mm pipe. I have the tank connector, the 25mm 90bend doesn't fit onto either side, so do I need to cut a small piece of pipe to join to the first 90bend? Also which side goes inside the tank? The smooth or threaded side? Once that runs down I have the balvalve. Does it matter which way this goes? There is an arrow pointing one way, do I need to make sure the water is flowing the same way as the arrow?

Also he said the end piping needs to go just under the water level in the sump but to cut 2 small slits about half an inch up.

Any help will be great and sorry for the essay!!!!

you need to insert a short length of 25mm pipe into the threaded end of tank connector and then stick you 90degree bend to that. The threaded piece should be out of the back of tank as this insures water tightness. I would run the ball valve with the water running the direction of the arrow although this is just a guess.

Most reactions

Back