Plec's Are Great

Well it was labelled as a gypsy pleco in my LFS but after reseraching its a king tiger pleco L066

Tank is 3ft long 1ft wide and 18" deep. Hes about 3" at the moment.

I'v just looked on PC and it says on there they are carnivours and should be fed meat. I'v been feeding mine algae wafers and he eats them fine and i put some cucumber in and by the morning it was gone. I also feed bloodworm to my other fish so hes probably been getting a bit of that too.

Yeah i'd recommend one. They do look great but mines really shy. Luckily the bogwood he likes to sit on is in view from the side of the tank so i can still see him.

So what sort of things should i be feeding him. He eats the cucumber i put in and algae wafers too.

Your plec is gorgeous, how do you keep him so healthy?

I've lost 3 in the space of 5 months, the last one only
lasted 2 weeks!!

Hi again just popped back and can;t belive the responce. thanks everyone. finished cycling a 50lt tank today and got a little 1" albino bn who just looked awsome at the ifs ( why they named ifs ) pictures will follow if i can get him to pose.

ifs? Do you mean lfs (local fish shop ;) )

You've got a beatuy of a plec there - I just wish I had a tank big enough to take a common plec.

Catfish (I'm including corry's in this statement) are my favourite fish now - my L183 is always out and about just nosing around seeing what is going on, when he isn't swimming he likes to sit halfway up a bogwood 'spire' I've got in my tank...

Hi just a quick question. How long to common plecs live and how long till they get to full length? Mine is only 6 inches and i've had him for a year.

Thanks,

Sorry can't help with length or life span although they do live awhile. mines getting on for six inches and i'm not looking forward to the time i have to part with him. hopefully at least a couple of years in him yet...

GeoffIsMyFish

I think commons get to 18-20", and can live 30-35 years. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Most reactions

Back