Pleco's

fishyme

Reaction score
Hi all, Just a question for you all, How big does a pleco get, and how fast do they grow? The "little" pleco I bougth 2 weeks ago has exploded 2.5 times his size!!! :crazy: In just 2 weeks!!! I am planning on going to a 55 Gallon soon, but I would like to know approximatley how long I have until this particular fish will need the larger aquarium. He's my favorite fish and I have no plans on getting rid of him.

FishyMe

2 Head and tail light neon tetras
3 bloodfin molly's
1 catfish
1 Pleco

fishyme said:
Hi all, Just a question for you all, How big does a pleco get, and how fast do they grow? The "little" pleco I bougth 2 weeks ago has exploded 2.5 times his size!!! :crazy: In just 2 weeks!!! I am planning on going to a 55 Gallon soon, but I would like to know approximatley how long I have until this particular fish will need the larger aquarium. He's my favorite fish and I have no plans on getting rid of him.

FishyMe

2 Head and tail light neon tetras
3 bloodfin molly's
1 catfish
1 Pleco
It really depends on what type of Pleco you have. Some of them stay small (6 inches)... others get really large (18 inches or more).

Here's a link:

LiveAquaria Pleco Page

This is only a partial list, but take a look and see if you can spot your pleco.

If its a common or gibiceps pleco then plan on getting a 100g tank within the next 2 years, they can grow to over 20".

He's a Common Pleco... How long do you think it will take for him to get "HUGE". :huh: I'm planning on getting the larger tank in about 2 or 3 months.

I have had a common Plec for over a year. He started in my 40g at ~1". He moved to my 80g about 5 months ago. I would have to say he's over 6 or 7 inches now. I LOVE this guy and Hubby would probably shoot me if I tried to get rid of HIS BIG FISH. :S

They will get well over a foot in a big enough tank, and I have seen them that size in the LFS. BEAUTIFUL BIG FISHIE :smb:

A common pleco can grow quite large > 1 foot depending on its diet. It can get more aggressive as it grow up so be prepare for it.

I think it's great you are willing to by another tank so you can keep your favorite fish. :D Keep it up!

Most reactions

Back