Pleco Suitable For Mbuna Tank?

ive always addvised using Rusty plecs, i think they are L146 off the top of my head, sometimes called a Bruno pleco

they are brilliant, because they don't get massive maximum of 6 inch, and they are well armoured against most conflict with any aggressive Mbuna.
They are also territorial over any grazing sites within the tank find they suit the aggression levels of most rift valley species.

hope this helps, they are well worth a look.

I have to say, I was faced with the same dilemma after setting up a mbuna tank, alge was a big problem and needed a cleaner. After much research we were advised
on a rusty plec or Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps). We couldn't get hold of a Rusty, so we settled on a Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps).
So far doing a marvellous job :good:

I have to say, I was faced with the same dilemma after setting up a mbuna tank, alge was a big problem and needed a cleaner. After much research we were advised
on a rusty plec or Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps). We couldn't get hold of a Rusty, so we settled on a Sailfin Pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps).
So far doing a marvellous job :good:

hope you have a BIG tank :blink:

Most reactions

Back