Pleco Id Please

[email protected]

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I have just been given this pleco and two others but don't know much about them. He is in a 2x1x1 tank with 6 Angels. They do not bother each other at all.

Don't see him much as he is either hiding in the shipwreck or under the bog wood.

HPIM3921.jpg

HPIM3922.jpg

The other plecos are much smaller but never come out of their hinding spaces so can not get a photo of them.

I have been feeding them algae wafers and although i never see them eat, they are always gone in no time.

Can you please identify this type?

Thanks

It's a Sailfin plec (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps), L083 or L165. These are very common in aquatic shops and I hate to break it to you but the fish will need a much bigger tank as it grows, as they can easily grow to 50cm/20".

i second that m8 your tank is on the small size for what will turn in to a monster plec
scot

The bigger the better is my Motto! I agree with the others a 6ft tank would be best in the long term.

It's a Sailfin plec (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps), L083 or L165. These are very common in aquatic shops and I hate to break it to you but the fish will need a much bigger tank as it grows, as they can easily grow to 50cm/20".

No it isn't, this is L001, P. joselmaianus.

Will reach around 12 inches.

4x2x2 will be ok for it

Most reactions

Back