Pleco Food?

RauDawg86

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon tank an got a 4 inch pleco. i was wonderin what else i could feed him aside from havin him munch no w/e food falls 2 the bottom that my guppies an tetras dont get at. :alien:

Hikari Algae wafers go down a treat with my plecos as do the odd courgette.

mine love sliced cucumbers with a wieght to keep it on the bottom

Tropjunky said:
my plec is a nicternal fish
If your plec does not come to feed in the day, you should be feeding the plec at night.

Plecs must be fed, unless they eat only algae. They are not simple scavengers, they must be fed like other fish are.

My plecs both come out in the day so I feed them then. They eat plec tablets and fresh beg and fruit, like lettuce, melon, cucumber and so on.

If you want to put some size on your pl*co, (and I'd suggest a bigger tank if you do), feed it canned spinach (no salt added). My pl*co has grown at least 2 inches eating this stuff - he loves it! I gave him a zuccini this evening, but he doesn't quite know what to do with it just yet (still looking for his spinach, I'm sure). The pl*co doesn't look at algae wafers the same anymore, though.

The only bad thing about spinach (canned) is that a cannister filter (or anything creating a moderate or above water flow) can make a mess out of it rather quickly - tends to clog intake on filters.

Most reactions

Back