plec growth

SpEeDhOrN

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
how long will it take till my plec is about 6-9" in length as it dont seem to be growning and iv had it for ages :/

Waht kind of plec is it ? What size tank is it in ? What do you fed it ? The answers to these questions will all affect how big and how quickly it will grow.

Fish that are meant for a big tank...and are kept in a small tank grow incredibly longer/if at all. For example if an baby aligator is kept in an aqaurium it will never grow for its entire life. ;)

Kossy said:
Fish that are meant for a big tank...and are kept in a small tank grow incredibly longer/if at all. For example if an baby aligator is kept in an aqaurium it will never grow for its entire life. ;)
However, that doesn't mean its healthy. It is in fact cruel to keep a creature in accommodation that is too small for it.

Is it a bristlenose? Had 2 females for 4 years that reached 4.5 inches. Thats an average max for bn's. Though Wal-mart :grr: has one about 10 years old in their layaway dept. that is at least 8 inches. Yes, a bristlenose! Bad thing though, they have kept it in a 10 gallon tank that is super cruddy. I'm surprised it has survived. Noticed last week when I was in that they have added a 4 inch ciclid.

(Now, you understand my beef with WM.) I think its cruel. :/

Kissifish said:
Is it a bristlenose? Had 2 females for 4 years that reached 4.5 inches. Thats an average max for bn's. Though Wal-mart :grr: has one about 10 years old in their layaway dept. that is at least 8 inches. Yes, a bristlenose! Bad thing though, they have kept it in a 10 gallon tank that is super cruddy. I'm surprised it has survived. Noticed last week when I was in that they have added a 4 inch ciclid.

(Now, you understand my beef with WM.) I think its cruel. :/
There are actually several species of bristlenose that look practically identical, except some are larger than the typical 3-4" you see in the books. I found this out recently when I investigated getting a mate for mine.

Most reactions

Back