Plec And Red Wolf

Mertus

Reaction score
what plec if any will be suitable with a redwolf fish?
Or even snails or anything taht cleas algae that will be ok with a red-wolf fish.

Ok- this is just what i have picked up/read, i have no experience with these fish, but from what i gather, there are whole subfamily of Erythinidae, and i wouldn't be surpised if people mix them up somtimes- but Erythrinus erythrinus (red-wolf fish) is apparently one of the lesser agressive fish of the family and only preys on small fish and insects (i.e taking that "small fish" refers to fish 3inchs or smaller)- but i don't know wether its agression may make it terotorial towards other fish in general...
Snails may do the job, but in my experience of them they tend to be scavengers more than anything else and a lot of people tend to have issues in controlling there populations especially in tanks where the only resident is a large predatory fish (predatory fish can be messy eaters and poop a lot, making lots of left over food to fuel snail populations)...

http://www.opefe.com/trahira.html

In general though, if you have algae the best way to tackle the issue in my honest opinion is to deal with the source of the problem yourself- too much light, too many excess nutrients, high nitrates- these are some of the most common causes of algae.
Do you know what type of algae it is? Can you describe its appearance?

The algae is not of a serious matter but I would like to add a plec cause i like plecs too. I just dont want to do it if its gonna end up getting munched on :)
I dont really want snails tbh but they can be ok
plecs are the pwnage tho so yeh hmmm

The algae is not of a serious matter but I would like to add a plec cause i like plecs too. I just dont want to do it if its gonna end up getting munched on :)
I dont really want snails tbh but they can be ok
plecs are the pwnage tho so yeh hmmm

How many gallons/litres is the tank? I take it the red-wolf fish is the only resident?

Most reactions

Back