Please Say This Is A Halfmoon!

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
Okay, after ordering a HM and recieving a SD i took it back today and got another one that was ordered for me...is it a halfmoon? I also got another SD as he ordered 2 HMs incase one wasnt right and i took him aswell :p
SP_A0168.jpg

SP_A0165.jpg

SP_A0170.jpg

SP_A0171.jpg

Im not too sure if its a SD or a HM!!!!!!!!

DO you know? He's a lovely fish but id like to know whether he is a HM or not :S

Looks more SD to me, but don't forget HM is just as much environmental as genetic... You can have fry from the most perfect pair of line bred HMs and still have SDs.

Looks more SD to me, but don't forget HM is just as much environmental as genetic... You can have fry from the most perfect pair of line bred HMs and still have SDs.

Yep. Halfmoons are notoriously finicky about perfect water conditions. Most HMs become SDs due to hard or dirty water.
An easy way to get your betta from SD to HM if he's SUPPOSED to HM is to add seashells or BWE/IAL to soften your water - Your bettas fins will flourish. :)

Ah cool ill get that 2moz :D thanks for your help!
I want my HM hidng in a SD to flourish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW does it make your water black?

Ah cool ill get that 2moz :D thanks for your help!
I want my HM hidng in a SD to flourish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW does it make your water black?

Usually turns your water the color of diluted tea. :) Depends on how much you add.

WHen he was flraing his tail went 180 degres...meaning hes a halfmoon :D
Ill still get that IAL liquid stuff or whatever it is to improve his tail :good:

IAL is def good, but remember once you start using it its best not to stop can cause problems. He looks like he could be a HM

Theres a waterlife version called Humaquat i think...is this okay?

to me he looks SD but I am not that good at tail types. :shifty: But he is very pretty :wub:

Most reactions

Back