Please Recommend A Fish!

Aquagurl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello! :)
I've looked at my aquarium recently and thought that it could use a couple more fish. So, do you have any suggestions on fish that will add color to the aquarium, are peaceful, and affordbale? Thanks! :fish:

My fish in my 30 gallon tank:
1 red-eyed tetra..............+ 4/5
2 lemon tetras.................+3/4
2 black-skirt tetras..........+ 3/4
1 golden gourami............. :good:
1 corycat........................+3/4
2 guppies........................ -_-

My fish in my 30 gallon tank:
1 red-eyed tetra..............+ 4/5
2 lemon tetras.................+3/4
2 black-skirt tetras..........+ 3/4
1 golden gourami............. :good:
1 corycat........................+3/4
2 guppies........................ -_-

Thats a much better idea than mine.

Zebra danios are great, though I'm not sure if they would nip too much at the guppies. (I have kept them together before with no problems, though I think some sources say they shouldn't be together.)

Best of luck! :good:

Theres nuthin better then a good betta lol!!

A nice siamiese fighter fish always brings colour to my tanks thers a possibility the gourami mite be a bit iffy with it but apart from that yay!!

:wub: abirose

Just a word of warning, Red Eyed Tetra (Moenkhausia sanctaefilomenae) can grow rather large compaired to the usual tetra species.. around 3"

I had a large number of them in a tank at my previous work and they grew huge after a year or so.. and I found them slightly aggressive once fully grown. But as the others have stated all the Tetra family and Corydoras family do better in larger numbers and look amaizing in groups, so increasing your numbers would be a good plan rather than adding additional species.

Just a thought..

Regards

Lawrence

Definitely up your numbers, and I'd think about taking the red eye back if you dont want to up the number of that one, because as mentioned they do get rather large and they are a bit on the agressive side at full grown

A nice siamiese fighter fish always brings colour to my tanks thers a possibility the gourami mite be a bit iffy with it but apart from that yay!!

I wouldn't bother, the betta would either:

kill

OR

be killed

MEANIE lol u have no faith lol dnt doubt the bettas lol (although ur propably right!!)

I wouldn't bother, the betta would either:

kill

OR

be killed

MEANIE lol u have no faith lol dnt doubt the bettas lol (although ur propably right!!)

Most reactions

Back