Please Help...

hi peddles i have just recently went tropical (4months ago)and its goion really well and my clown loach has done exactly the same thing as yours but mine is just hanging on it looks like its starving to death wen thats not the fact the other 3 are eating normal and ive been tryin to bulk it up with bloodworms and is eating but doesnt look like the othe 3 because of shape,colour,weight,size etc etc
and if any one is reading this any ideas appreciated on how to get him bk to being healthly looking again
tanks :)

Thanx for all the advice....Yes, what was strange to me was that when I tested the Nittrite and Nitrate levels with my liquid test (the test test the 2 together...) the count was 0. That's why I was so surprised with the strip results of above 250! I will keep on with the gradual water changes....Oh, yes I did notice that the one red guiramie has lost colour, from his back it is becoming almost white!

thats a very strange test that tests for total nitrite and nitrate, they're completely seperate and they affect the fish very differently. i don't trust that reading as far as I can throw it!!

Can you pick up a decent liquid based test kit? i recommend the api fresh water master test kit which is usually available for around £15/20 on ebay. :good:

i think rabbut is right, and even with uncertain readings at present i would definately suggest small daily water changes while you wait for a decent test kit, then when you have proper readings post them up and let us know.

Yes I agree, I think you need a new test kit as MW has outlined and then we'll need careful test results of your tap water and of the tank water. Then we'll be able to get closer to deciding if old tank syndrome is the right diagnosis and you could proceed with rabbut's excellent write-up.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back