Please Help With Clown Fish

just a thought. if u cant put nottin in it, it might make a pretty good invert tank. or u could do what many people have done and raise fish food in it(shrimp, tiny fish,ect.) but thats just a suggestion.

MANY_A_MOLLY said:
FrankSlapperinni said:
As long as its under 75 gallons (but most floors can support even more) you shouldn't have to worry about it. You wouldn't worry about your couch with five people on it crashing through the floor, would you?
i always wonder about such analogies. no you wouldn't, but then, they won't be sitting on that couch 24/7 for many years, so there isn't a constant weight on the one spot..................................... wonder is anyone here as kept a big tank and a second floor for years without issue......................... i khnow my current aparment is old (i can hear my downstairs neighbors talking sometimes) and would be worried about evena 55..........................
and with water weighing in at a whopping 1kilo per litre there can be a lot of weight concentrated in a small area...
might post this in the chit chat forum for more views..

I know that in my apartment on the third floor my landlord wouldn't allow a tank bigger than 55 gallons for their insurance reasons. But I have a Wide 75 gallon, same length as a 55 gallon but deeper. Landord though it was a 55 and he approved it on the spot. HAHA ignorent landlord well I have have been in my app for 3 years with no probs. hope this helps.

if u get a nemo, the only anenome it will live in costs 75 bucks

A 'nemo,' or clownfish, as they're rightfully called, can live in most indo-pacific anemones. They aren't all more than $50, and if the only one you can find is $75, then you're getting ripped off.

A clownfish can live in most anemones; the only ones to avoid are "condy" anemones, from the Carribean.

A good inexpensive anemone is the Bubble Tip. This anemone is relatively easy to maintain, and will quickly spread under favorable conditions.

In general, clownfish-hosting anemones are harder to keep in good health than others from the Carribean, and they require better water conditions.
:fish:

Most reactions

Back