Please Help! Really Urgent :(

It is a myth that you cannot keep betta's together.females are fine and even males as ling as they are not aggressive. Generally speaking a smaller male will just avoid a larger male .females are no problem at all in large numbers
Can you tell me what evidence you've based this opinion on, and link the science that disproves that The Siamese Fighting Fish will actually fight other Siamese fighters?

Also, how is a person to test whether the bettas they've bought are aggressive or not?

If you can filter a tank, then place them in individual plastic bottles, with many small holes poked into each bottle and place in the tank with conditioned water. It's a temporary solution, but its space saving an effective method

Guys, dont make this thread a Argument. My thread alone is stressfull enough,
I live in Indonesian A lot of cultures for keeping betta here's and i do say i learn a lot.
While people keep their betta together (No Sex / Gender Restrictions) in a really big plain bucket. But there's condition to this thing, first they have to be born from egg together. And if they stay together from the Egg Stage's then yes.
Female or Male Betta or Mixed can stay together as long :
-They're still juveniles.
-Born & Raised together from Egg Stage
-Same Parent or Genetic or Breed or Interbreed

Meanwhile you can't keep a Male betta together if your betta doesn't meet the condition. @The Wild male betta live in A Long River, they'll go roaming and find a "Home" and build nest, and then staying. Meanwhile the female will roaming. Looking for male, If the female likes the male then they'll breed. After that female will say goodbye and leave roaming again while male betta staying to protect & defend his fertilzed egg. This is my condition right now. While the male is @Adult stage i can't keep them together. This is because of Genetic,Normal,Basic, Evolutionary Behavior of Male. They've been like this since the "first generation" and we can't change the fact that no matter what we do,
we can't Re-create 100% Their Natural Habitat inside Aquarium.

All your opinions and fact are correct. :fish: :fish: :drinks:

If you can filter a tank, then place them in individual plastic bottles, with many small holes poked into each bottle and place in the tank with conditioned water. It's a temporary solution, but its space saving an effective method
My tank doesn't big enough for this idea, :(

Edit : Everything looks great for NOW.
I'll try to find something for them to rest tommorow, (Its 1 AM alr) not going to sacrifice's my stem Plant tho. But i'll definitely find something that middle water floated for all of them.

My tank doesn't big enough for this idea, :(
No way to fit 7 bottles inside a 5GAL? Is there any chance you could use your 10GAL for it instead? It's a solid solution which I've used myself when growing out juvenile males for short periods of time

No way to fit 7 bottles inside a 5GAL? Is there any chance you could use your 10GAL for it instead? It's a solid solution which I've used myself when growing out juvenile males for short periods of time
Well, first i dont have any Container, only have that Jar. And 2 of them are inside un-cycled tank while 1 of them is inside my "Plant Restoration Tank." (Which is no problem at all, + still can't find divider for this 10Gal Tank) while 4 of them inside that only Plastic Jar that i have around. :unsure:

If you have access to appropriate dried leaves (indian almond leaf, english oak, beech) these will float for a while and allow the betta somewhere to rest.
This is a great idea. Something like a river pebble on the bottom with a leaf on top would be simple, free and effective.

Since it's only for a couple of weeks until you can get a store or someone else to take them, it's okay. You're not keeping them in there for fun or for life.
Betta breeders keep bettas in containers like that, maybe check some out and see how they maintain them. Three main essentials;

Heating: Isn't an issue since you're in a tropical climate.
Oxygenation: Bettas are labyrinth fish, so while an airstone would be much better for them, they can make do and breath from the surface, so should survive, even though it isn't ideal and shouldn't be long term.

Filtration: I think is your biggest issue. No filters and uncycled. Daily water changes and monitoring them will be essential. If you have some fast growing live plants, adding some strands of those to the jars will help.

To try to improve things for them to get through this stressful time, I'd suggest the live stem plants being the first thing to buy, barter or steal (not really steal, but you know what I mean). Stick the stems in the jar, ideally so the bettas can rest on the stems while still being close to the surface, since they'll be having to breath from the surface more often, and having to keep swimming up from the bottom to do this will tire and stress them out even more. Post ads on whatever buy/sell/swap sites are available in your area, to see if you can rehome one or two of them to good homes ASAP, rather than just waiting and hoping a pet store will take all seven at once in a couple of weeks. The more you can quickly give to new homes, the better.

Deep breaths and try not to panic! Someone dumping fish on you without even a warning is really dumb and cruel, and it's not your fault. You do the best you can with what you have.

"Give me the polysperma or I'll shoot em!!!"

Most reactions

Back