Please Help Me Id This Mbuna

Stoty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I was at the LFS today and asked to buy 3 blue zebras. Little did i know that one is clearly not a blue zebra, or at least the same type of "blue zebra" as the others. Clearly I am angry. I am going to take him back in an hour or two but i was hoping i could get an ID on it before i return him. The guy at the LFS is notorious for running game on customers. Also if any of you know what type of blue zebras i got that would be a HUGE help! I know they are not cobalt because of the faint stripes. All fish are juvis. Thanks.

09ed03fb.jpg

ea13d576.jpg

1b2a3768.jpg

19682947.jpg

Can`t help you out with an id I`m afraid but that fish looks seriously ill from either starvation or possibly worms judging by his very sunken belly :angry:

It looks like you`ve got him in with your other fish? Do you not have a separate tank for quarantining new fish so that any infection or illness doesn`t get passed onto your existing fish? :/

yes. thanks. I thought it might have been his shape.

i moved him into my old fry tank for now. What i was saying was: the sunken belly did not occur to me until you mentioned it. The fish looked so #41#### different that i didn't pay the belly attention. Its been a long day. about to be longer. Now im thinking about the other two fish i got. They were all from the same tank. Hopefully they are not sick. The look good and act fine for now. Hopefully he was just starving. Looks like he's been through a few skuffles from the chew marks on his fins. Anyways - he's going back in an hour. Thanks.

some sort of victorian cichlid at a guess under fed imo not ill

it is some kind of Haplochromis Sp. possibly ruby green. Victorian without a doubt. Kind of a cool fish but didn't belong in my mbuna tank.

Most reactions

Back