Please Help Identify These Fish

mtanman

Reaction score
Hello-

Identifying these fish may help us solve a vandalism against our home and some others in the neighborhood. Along with damage to our home, the vandal(s) dumped approximately 30 fish in our pool. I thought that if I can identify the fish and then call all the local pet stores in our neighborhood and asked if anyone just bought approx. 30 or so of this type of fish then we might have a chance to find out who did this? So, I am attempting to attach a picture of some of the fish that we retrieved so far in hopes that someone can help identify? The longest are approximately 2 inches long.

Thanks so much!!
Mike

IMG_4015.JPG

umm!!! posibly babey tin foil barb
tin.jpg

its hard to tell. how long had thay been dead ? sorry to hear about your trouble mate hope you cach the as*holes that did this trouble :angry:

wow thats crazy stuff happening.... where are you from? could they be locally caught fish as i doudt that idiots like this would spend cash on fish just to kill.... :crazy:

if they dumped that large quantity I think they'd probably be something you can buy cheap at a fishmongers, so more likely a 'food' fish than an ornamental that you'd buy at a aquatics shop.

sardines, sprats or something like that?

if they dumped that large quantity I think they'd probably be something you can buy cheap at a fishmongers, so more likely a 'food' fish than an ornamental that you'd buy at a aquatics shop.

Mackeral or sardine????
100% not makeral or sardines

if in the UK then maybe young roach or dace.....? :unsure:

Thanks all... we live in Michigan, USA. I was also thinking feeder fish, as I doubt the vandals (likely teens) would likely spend that much cash on an ornamental variety of fish and then just dump them in a pool.

Most reactions

Back