Please Help! Finley Still Hasn't Eaten And It's Been 14 Da

General cure requires aeration when it is used as it severely leeches oxygen from the water; even bettas usually need a bubbler when it is being used. However, I doubt that it what did him in; if he was so weak from not having eaten in so long, I imagine just about anything would have pushed him over the edge. At least his suffering is over, and I'm sorry you had to watch him waste away like that. :sad:

General cure requires aeration when it is used as it severely leeches oxygen from the water; even bettas usually need a bubbler when it is being used. However, I doubt that it what did him in; if he was so weak from not having eaten in so long, I imagine just about anything would have pushed him over the edge. At least his suffering is over, and I'm sorry you had to watch him waste away like that. :sad:

Thanks guys! It aggravates me that the LFS owner didn't tell me about the aeration... he knew Finley was in a bowl..doggone it! We are moving this weekend so I will be off line soon for awhile. I want to set my tank up and try again as soon as I get settled in.... I think it would be sooo much better for one in a bigger tank :) See ya soon...

Will look forward to hearing from you...Have a safe move.

Hi All,
I posted about Finley a week or so ago and he is still no better. On the 23 "Finley" stopped eating and hasn't touched anything since. He did have a couple of days there that he would lunge at the bloodworms I tried but never managed to get one in his mouth??? Now he pays no attention at all to anything I try. I have tried flakes, pellets, bloodworms, lettuce and green peas with no luck. Unfortunately his diet was mostly bloodworms before I found out they would cause a problem. He alternated between lying half on his side on the bottom and hanging at the waterline. He is almost in the shape of an "s" and not straight bodied like he used to be. The only other thing I see is one gill doesn't close completely and he has turned a wierd gray color under his belly/gills. I treated him with Tri-sulfa just in case it was gill disease but the gill area never looked inflamed so I probably did more harm than good His personality has totally changed, too. He was a VERY social fish and always came to show off at the front of the bowl when you came in the room. He went through a spell that he hid any time anyone came in. Now he will sometimes come to the front but just sits there sideways at the water line. When I change his bowl he does these unreal laps around the bowl. I didn't know a fish could swim that fast! He makes 3 or 4 laps hugging the side of the bowl and then settles down and goes back to the top and hangs there. I know he is starving to death and don't know what to do... Can anyone offer any help or is euthanasia the next step? I have only had him about 6 months so I doubt he is too old...but who knows? Thanks!

hi i have kept oscars for a long time if i can help please ask

Most reactions

Back