Please Help! Could Be Fish Tb?

im going to have to agree with Tolak. Regardless of water quality most of the symptoms are from internal parasites-lack of appetite, stringy poo, hiding, thinning,lethargy, curved spine. Water quality aside ammonia/nitrite does not cause these.
I would up the waterchanges and certainly follow advice about filter maintainence/cycling, but there is more going on here. INTERNAL PARASITES! Id start treatment on that right away. Keep good maintanence and do lots of waterchanges gravel vacs while treating.
just my two cents
cheers

You wash the filter with soap??!! You better be rinsing it very very very well! Soap could potentionally kill your fish so that could be your problem. :blink: I personally never use soap on any of my fish equipment, just to be safe.

+1
Also Never wash filter with tap water....kills all of bacteria :/
unless you have unchlorinated well water

I came here to post a thread as my fish have these exact symptoms! I don't want to high-jack this thread...but it seems a bit crazy to post what is essentially a duplicate thread!

My fish are suffering from these exact symptoms. I am losing 2 or 3 fish per week. All my fish are Mollys.

These are my water perameters:

Am: 0.0
Ni: 0.0
Nirate: 40
Ph: 7.8

I am also concerned it is fish TB. Difference here is my fish do NOT have white poop or any other signs of parasites. This has been an on going problem for around 2 months now.

Most reactions

Back