Please Help - Betta Sick!

reppy

Reaction score
A few days ago my betta stopped eating and spent all his time at the bottom of the tank, just lying there. He is in a divided tank with another betta - I've had this setup for about 9 months. I don't think it's water quality or temperature or anything like that because the other betta is fine and still eating and swimming. I've been feeding them bio-gold pellets but I tried some blood worms just to get him to eat but he won't. And now, several days later, he is laying on his side, only occasionally going to the top and then just falling back down. He doesn't have any spots or anything on his body, no signs of any kind of infection. Is there anything I can do? Please help him!

for peace of mind I recommened testing the water for ammonia and nitrite, if nothing then I'd say he is old and on his way out, I believe Betta's only have a 2-3 year lifespan

Sadly, "Munch" died last night. I wish I knew what could have been wrong with him. Several people suggested old age which I guess is always a possibility since you never know how old they are when you buy them. Now I feel like my remaining betta will be lonely. What can I get for a companion for him that's not another betta (can't go through that again). Something that has a longer life span would be nice, as this is really hard for my 10 yr old son. He's heartbroken. :sad:

Sadly, "Munch" died last night. I wish I knew what could have been wrong with him. Several people suggested old age which I guess is always a possibility since you never know how old they are when you buy them. Now I feel like my remaining betta will be lonely. What can I get for a companion for him that's not another betta (can't go through that again). Something that has a longer life span would be nice, as this is really hard for my 10 yr old son. He's heartbroken. :sad:

sorry to hear munch passed away :( i have no experience of keeping bettas so cant really suggest a companion, just wanted to offer my sympathys. it may only be a fish but its still something you cared for and looked after. hope your son is ok *hugs*

Aw, hey i no what ur going through! Pepper(my red betta) passed away today :sad: . Im truley sorry :sad: . Hey hes in a better place -_-

Most reactions

Back