Playing Around With A Few Ideas

sputnick

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I don't really like the look of my 45gallon cichlid aquarium, it just looks boring and dull.
no.gif
  So ive been toying around with the idea of doing another community aquarium. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on what to maybe keep next. I like the idea of 2x-angelfish,5x-swordtails,6x-corydoras, 4-5x-Bleeding Heart Tetras, and possibly a red tailed shark? just a rough list thrown together quick, let me know what you think!

IMO red tail sharks are the worst "community" type fish possible....they turn into bullies and get territorial

nothing but trouble IMO

RTS really don't belong in a community tank with the stocking you've listed. 

But everything else sounds peachy to me ;)
Up the number of tetra's a little to 7-8 maybe, the more the merrier. 

alright so scratch the RTS, thanks! then i was wondering about the tetras, i put down bleeding heart tetras but im not sure about them. i want a smaller "filler" fish like neons but i heard that the angels might eat them? also with my tank size (36x24x12) would i be able to keep denson barbs? also i was also thinking instead of angels do tiger barbs but i cant decide...

Personally, I'm a big fan of tiger barbs. The large schools do very well. I had a school of 12 in my 55g, and with having so many, they leave the other fish alone because they're too busy chasing each other. If you get them, I'd definitely go with a group of 8+ being that you want swords, and the tigers might nip at the tail of swords if they get bored. I'm stocking a 40g of my own with a school of tiger barbs and a school of cherry barbs. Still deciding on other fish. But otherwise, the set-up you have in mind sounds nice. Just depends if you want the 1 or 2 flashy angels or the group of tigers.

Ive had a RT shark in a community tank for about 18 months now with no problems other than he is a bit bullyish at feeding times!

Thanks for all your ideas and help! Im having so much trouble on what i want though
no.gif
 Angelfish or Tiger barbs.. So so so so hard! lol

sputnick said:
Thanks for all your ideas and help! Im having so much trouble on what i want though
no.gif

all the reason why its best to have multiple tanks
yes.gif

Mikey1 said:
no.gif

yes.gif
Oh, no! Now you've done it! Beware, sputnick! MTS is contagious!!! 
hehe.gif

This Old Spouse said:

no.gif

yes.gif
Oh, no! Now you've done it! Beware, sputnick! MTS is contagious!!! 
hehe.gif

haha.....so true!

lol! ohhh trust me i know the dangers.. lol im hopping to find a used corner tank somewhere for a decent price over the summer.. but with college coming up soon things arnt looking my way. but my plan after i graduate college is to get a 125gallon and either reef it or discus :)

Most reactions

Back