Platy questions

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I thought maybe because of food. But I don’t feed much.

Today she was just huge. Lol compared to the last days etc.
Well that is good to hear! She is definitely coming closer and closer towards giving birth!
I thought maybe because of food. But I don’t feed much.
The thing is you want to feed her much. Not a lot, but a bit more than you normally do! Because somehow it makes the gestation period a lot quicker and will make her feel a lot safer and happier. Just don't put platys in a breeder box! Beware... They kill plates really quickly! Just wanted to let you know! :good:

Well that is good to hear! She is definitely coming closer and closer towards giving birth!

The thing is you want to feed her much. Not a lot, but a bit more than you normally do! Because somehow it makes the gestation period a lot quicker and will make her feel a lot safer and happier. Just don't put platys in a breeder box! Beware... They kill plates really quickly! Just wanted to let you know! :good:
Well I’ve been feeding really good food during the morning. And evening they get dried bloodworms.

but literally she’s blown up. Haha

I know it’s hard to determine birth. And she’s still active. So I’ll just have to watch. But man. I wish it was easier , you know. That way I could save some babies.

and I couldn’t believe when I looked today , she’s so big lol.

Patience is a good cause...

I wasn’t able to find her today. Looked and looked. Then found her hiding under the driftwood. I fed them and she came out and ate.

Here’s an update :

all day she’s been keeping to herself on the bottom of the tank next to a plant and a tank ornament. She only came out and swam this morning to eat. She’s usually very active so this is definitely different behavior for her.

Here’s an update :

all day she’s been keeping to herself on the bottom of the tank next to a plant and a tank ornament. She only came out and swam this morning to eat. She’s usually very active so this is definitely different behavior for her.
Maybe shes getting close?

Most reactions

Back