Platy I Fear Will Be Dead Tomorrow Morning

lexluth0r

Reaction score
The back Half of my platys body is covered in Velvet Disease, I have added some Velvet Liquid today hoping this will cure him but I just found him lying on his back down the bottom, the gourami gave him a nudge and he moved but has gone hiding under a cave, I fear the worst for him and think I am going to wake up tomorrow to find a dead fish, is there anything else I can do to prevent the death as his one of my fav fish.

Thanks

Lex

The back Half of my platys body is covered in Velvet Disease, I have added some Velvet Liquid today hoping this will cure him but I just found him lying on his back down the bottom, the gourami gave him a nudge and he moved but has gone hiding under a cave, I fear the worst for him and think I am going to wake up tomorrow to find a dead fish, is there anything else I can do to prevent the death as his one of my fav fish.

Thanks

Lex

UPDATE His now just floating all round the tank on his back, there is hardly any movement, is there a way I could put the poor #29### out of his misery in a humane way.

The fins stopped on the fish and I have removed him from the tank, he didn't try to struggle so assumed he was dead so I placed him on the kithchen rool and hit him on the top of the head with a small hammer just to put him out of his misery if he was still alive, this is my first fish death didn't realise how much its affected me. All my water levels are correct I should of picked up on the disease earlier, a valuable lesson has been learnt but I still feel gutted :sad:

Most reactions

Back