Platy Fry With Stripes ?

xshellx

Reaction score
hey so a bit back my orange platy dropped fry a few of them look like they will be blue and have stripes. I love the way they look but what im wondering is if this is something that is likely to fade away as they grow ?

Ive had a look for striped platys and come up with nothing that resembles these guys.

Will try to post a pic up asap

IMG-20111120-04881.jpg

IMG-20111120-04879.jpg

I think they're known as tiger platys, I've seen pics of red ones, but no blue.
Google tiger platy

I think they're known as tiger platys, I've seen pics of red ones, but no blue.
Google tiger platy

Yea i saw those when i was looking but i dont think they are the same thing. Ive added a couple pics. please forgive the mess :blush:

I haven't found any pics like those either.
They're very unusual & attractive, be interesting to see how they turn out

My molly fry are often born with stripes or spots, but unfortunately those always fade away for me over time :( Sure hope yours will stay, though! That'd be awesome to get stripy platys into your breeding stock
good.gif

I've never seen any in any of my Lfs, would love to have some though.
Keep us updated, would love to see if they keep those stripes

Tiger platy is a defined colouration: creamy clear body with orange baring. These are also known an bleeding heart platy.

In some wild platies you do get baring, so it's probably a through back you have, these will probably fade in time. will be nice to see how it develops though.

hi this is normal for the fry most of them will loose these stripes in my exp most of mine lost these it depends what type of platy they/ or their parents are

mine are mickey mouse plats and all their fry have had these stripes its a como thing so they dont get found mine are a silver see through color and the top half of them when the light reflects off their bodies its a lilac/ violet blue shine :)

Most reactions

Back