Platy Fry Bleached Scales New Deaths

iceprizm

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok i have a 10 gallon tank i keep some platy fry in. Today i had 1 death and some of the other fish have white or lightened colored areas on their bodies. Its is like the orange is disappearing on their sides, they also are rubbing on ornaments.

I need help iding the disease so I know what to dose!

I did a WC verified i had no ammonia, no nitrites, ph is 7.6 added some salt and stress coat.

I looked around it kinda looked like columnaris except on my fish it isnt restricted to their backs more on the side of the fish.

If it is columnaris what do I dose with?

Are the patches white and fluffy in appearance? If so then could be a fungal infection such as columnaris (although Im no expert, you need Wilder)

But if it is, you need myxazin and pimafix in the UK.

Can you post some pictures maybe, it helps with an id.

nope definetly not white and fluffy. basically looks like they are loosing color.

when i went to try to take some pics. i found another fish stuck to the intake for my filter, he was still alive so i put him in a small isolation tank.
Cant understand what is going on. i couldnt get any good pics of the area, it almost looks irredescent (you can only see it at certain angles.)

this is what im seeing.

170.jpg

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 40
i started dosing with melafix and pimafix yestarday would be better if i knew what i was dealing with.

1. it seems to affect only the older fish
2. the fish either sit motionless at the top of the water behind the filter or at the very bottom swimming rapidly in place
3. physical characteristics seem to be lightened areas on body shiny or irredescent in appearance

Hi there.

When you say losing there colour, could it be they have lost some scales?

i can clearily see the scales they just aren't orange anymore. I am losing a fish a day to this and treatment doesnt seem to help.
here are some better pics.
003.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Please can you give us your test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate please, without them, its hard to tell. Thanks :)

>>Please can you give us your test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate please, without them, its hard to tell
I did very first post..........
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
ph 7.6
lost another fish last night. this morning they seemed to be doing better. the remaining fish swam to the front of the aquarium when they saw me........instead of just hanging at the back. Im going to keep dosing for the remainder of the week though. still would like to know whayt they have.

Most reactions

Back