Platy Fish Siamese Twins Fry

BrandiBowling01

Reaction score
So my Platy fish had Siamese fish twins, and I read that I should seperate them from the other fry and give them their own tank to flourish in. I was wondering what size tank should I get them. If anyone could help me with these I would really appreciate it.

IMG_20200327_091911_918.jpg

It is not necessary to put them in their own tank, it is HIGHLY unlikely that they will survive. Normally you would cull them.

I do not think they would survive bit if you wanted to try a 5-10 gallon each with a filter and heater would be best. Make sure you cycle the new tank

Hello and welcome to the forum, I have to agree with the others, chances are they will not survive. As it is some fry do not make it either. I would keep them with the others. Make sure you have plenty of hiding places and floating plants like water sprite will also give them places to hide and reduce stress. I have several tetra fry hiding out in some floating hornwort right now. I feed my fry fish food but in a dust form so they can swallow it. I would be interested to see if they make it, if so please post a picture. Good luck

It is not necessary to put them in their own tank, it is HIGHLY unlikely that they will survive. Normally you would cull them.
That's what I was thinking, that they wouldn't survive but I seen a post this one person made on another website and theirs lived so I was just going to give it a try

Hello and welcome to the forum, I have to agree with the others, chances are they will not survive. As it is some fry do not make it either. I would keep them with the others. Make sure you have plenty of hiding places and floating plants like water sprite will also give them places to hide and reduce stress. I have several tetra fry hiding out in some floating hornwort right now. I feed my fry fish food but in a dust form so they can swallow it. I would be interested to see if they make it, if so please post a picture. Good luck
Will do but I have them in their own tank, it's a 10 gallon and I put all 42 of my fry plus the twins in it, but thanks for the advice

Most reactions

Back