Platie with a dull patch on her head

Ok, I put the platie in another salt bath. She is now breathing really rapidly - it has been about an 90 minutes since I took her out.
How likely is she to survive this? being moved around seems to really be stressing her. I was really encouraged by her improvement yesterday, but now I am starting to worry again... -_-

They do breath heavily for a whie once you have taken them from the salt bath and put them back in the tank, use less salt and don't leave her in as long to she can tolerate the baths abit longer.

Ok, she has been having these baths and is at least swimming a bit more in the tank, but seems to be still hanging at the bottom a lot. Today I have noticed that he has a few scales missing on her "backbone", and like a white scrape. It doesn't look like salt, so I don't think it is Ich, but heck, really I don't know what is going on!!! :crazy:
I have added a picture (sorry it is not so great) - you can kind of see the discolouration.
I am going to the lfs tomorrow - any ideas what I should get?
Also, the 1 poo that I have seen her do lately was a bit whispy & white - that means internal yuckies too yes? So what do I get for that?
Thanks!
Susan

edit - ok, so I thought maybe I should just list the whole lot of symptoms since I am confusing myself when I read my posts :unsure:
1. spot on head
2. very heavy breathing
3. hanging at bottom of tank, usually hiding (this however did improve briefly after 1st salt bath)
4. new white scrape looking thing on her 'backbone'
5. stringy white poo indicating internal parasites.

there, I think that is everything.....poor fishee!

Attachments

• fish_001.jpg
    fish_001.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 22
So sorry for your loss, you tryed to save her, she had a few illnesses there, hard to save them when they start to mount up, sorry again.

Sorry to hear about the loss. I think you did your best !!! and thats what matters in the end.

Most reactions

Back