Plants for Fish room

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am working on turning my bedroom in to a fish and plant room. Does anyone have any recommendations for large plants that would cover big parts of my room. Plants like ficus pumilla that will trail around the room.

Make sure you have plenty of ventilation otherwise you get mould from the humidity.

An Australian plant called Stenocarpus sinuatus (Queensland firewheel tree) can be grown in 30cm pots and has quite large leaves. If you tip prune the plant from a young age, it becomes dense and bushy.

Colocasia species.
Monstera deliciosa

Have a fan blowing in the room throughout the day to keep the plants strong. If they aren't exposed to wind, they lose the spicules in their stems and become weak and floppy. Regular wind helps them stay strong (plant exercise).

Make sure you have plenty of ventilation otherwise you get mould from the humidity.

An Australian plant called Stenocarpus sinuatus (Queensland firewheel tree) can be grown in 30cm pots and has quite large leaves. If you tip prune the plant from a young age, it becomes dense and bushy.

Colocasia species.
Monstera deliciosa

Have a fan blowing in the room throughout the day to keep the plants strong. If they aren't exposed to wind, they lose the spicules in their stems and become weak and floppy. Regular wind helps them stay strong (plant exercise).
I will look in to this.

Most reactions

Back