Plants dying?

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I thought it was diatoms but when I rub off the brown from the leaves, it doesn’t rubs off. I have Fluval substrate and dose with Seachem flourish, so what is it?

Attachments

• 63B71E22-6C06-4150-A141-BD83AF7A07A6.jpeg
    63B71E22-6C06-4150-A141-BD83AF7A07A6.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 118
I thought it was diatoms but when I rub off the brown from the leaves, it doesn’t rubs off. I have Fluval substrate and dose with Seachem flourish, so what is it?
How long have you had them?? It could be something called melting. YouTube it and it’ll explain everything on melting plants

It could also be some kind of algae. I wouldn't be too concerned about it if your plants seem otherwise healthy and it doesn't spread too much.

I don't see any algae but I do see evidence of a nutrient (or light, or both) imbalance. If you mean the brownish blotches on the sword leaves.

Data please. Light, fertilizers, and how long have you had them.

I don't see any algae but I do see evidence of a nutrient (or light, or both) imbalance. If you mean the brownish blotches on the sword leaves.

Data please. Light, fertilizers, and how long have you had them.
I was kind of wondering if that was it. The only plant I’ve had success growing in this tank is amazon swords. I put anacharis in there and they died within a week. The swords have been in there since we switched to this tank, so about a month or a little more. I don’t use root tabs because the substrate is the Fluval stratum that is only a month old. I do Seachem Flourish liquid fertilizer once a week whenever I’ve had other plants in there. I’m honestly thinking it’s the light because In my other tanks that’s the only difference. It’s a Top Fin nano light that is pretty bright but I guess not powerful enough. In another someone asked me what the K was, but I cannot find any info on it. Soon I will be switching him to a 10 gallon tank and plan on getting a better light. I have one by Aqueon on another tank that I can grow nearly anything with.

Most reactions

Back