Plants Dying

Why is it in that pot? You can't just keep it in the pot in came in, it won't do well. 4 hours of light is not enough. You need at least 6 hours. I have a low tech, no CO2, low fert tank and I keep the light on for 8-10 hours per day. What is the water temp? Many plants don't like warmer temp (76+). Most tetras will leave plants alone unless they are already rotting or if they are grassy like plants. (my emperors nibbled down my grasses). you can still salvage that plant but you have to plant it in the gravel. Make sure to take off as much of that spongy stuff on the roots as you can (carefully) and trim back the bottom of the roots before planting.
Good luck!

Many plants don't like warmer temp (76+).

Erm...lots of plants do fine in temps over 76.
All of these plants will go up to 30degreesC
You could argue that in warmer temps the metabolic rate is increased therefore demand for CO2 and nutrient increases. However, it's not the temp that has killed the plant if these resources are not supplied.

You think I'm going to go into all that? :hyper: Lol, dude, this guy needs basic info, like taking the plant out of the pot is a great start and giving a bit more light.

You could argue that in warmer temps the metabolic rate is increased therefore demand for CO2 and nutrient increases. However, it's not the temp that has killed the plant if these resources are not supplied.

You think I'm going to go into all that? :hyper: Lol, dude, this guy needs basic info, like taking the plant out of the pot is a great start and giving a bit more light.

I left it in the pot to see how it gone on first. Are you saying keeping it in the pot killed it in 3 days? :hyper:

Also if you read the thread you'll see I had the light on for 2 days to see if it made a difference.

Basic info is fine...however, you do need to know some basic info on how plants work, before you can grow plants successfully. Adding more of a duration of light isn't always the answers. Plants tend to have done there maximum photosynthesis at 4 hours, so this light duration is what many planted tank keepers actually start off at. Once the plants start to mature, then we can extend the lighting regime.

Those plants look as though they've been nibbled.

Why mention temperature then, when plants can clearly be ok in temps over 76.

Those plants look as though they've been nibbled.

I agree.

Most reactions

Back