Planting free plants on top

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aah I tried putting a bit of filter in the tip and it sucked it through and got plugged. I still have it. I unplugged it but rated it as not worth the effort. Is it better than sponge filtration? Or will using two really keep tank better?

Use them both, it's always better to be over-filtered than under-filtered.

I have 2 HOB's on my 29G, combined rating of 100G of filtration....but I tend to overstock, a wee bit...not recommended for new tanks, or beginners.

Get that mesh prefilter, and get that Aqueon up and running again, before adding any new fish...since the corys are new, they have added extra bioload, and we don't want to overtax the sponge filter too much...

Which Aqueon is it?

Well I also have a sheet of filter I added to the tank to give some extra surface area for bacterial growth. I could grab that and stick it into the aqueon filter. I don't know what type it is since I got it second hand off facebook marketplace

Well I also have a sheet of filter I added to the tank to give some extra surface area for bacterial growth. I could grab that and stick it into the aqueon filter. I don't know what type it is since I got it second hand off facebook marketplace
Or, just get a new HOB, I'm a huge fan of the AquaClears, I have 6 of them, best HOB out there, IMO
"Sheet of filter"....can you get us a pic of the Aqueon, it's still on the tank, right?

IMG_20210215_145010087.jpg
looks like it's an aftermarket filter. Not aqueon brand. I don't know if 30 means 30 gallon... But I stuffed my piece of filter I had floating in a spare tank inside and got it up and running

That's the old version of the AquaClears....cool!...yes, rated for up to 30G
It has a lift-out basket, correct? Anything else in the basket?

Ooh I have some extra ceramic media I got for use with the sponge filter. I could throw that in!
Do it! I hate sponges, they're such a mess to deal with, I just use poly batting from Walmart that I replace every week during WC's, and fill my HOB's with as much ceramics as I can cram in there, in net bagging, so it's easy to rinse during WC's.

K, speaking of 29G's, I have to do my weekly WC on mine and a 5.5G, talk to you later...

Most reactions

Back