Planted tank

Fantastic results zig - It is hard to believe that is your first effort! It is great to put a tank to the name at last. I really like the twisted root in particular. The layout will look stunning once the foreground fills in.

It is also very good to see the excellent results of your obvious research; decent light, CO2, substrate and fertilisation regime. Hopefully others will be inspired.

In short - wonderful work; healthy, well-laid out plants and excellent photography.

You will go far ;)

Thanks Vivienne, yeah when i look at the first picture and think gosh that was only 5 weeks ago, i guess if you add the right ingredients they will grow, but i didnt think by that much.

@ gf225......haha.......i like that.......the tank to the name, because thats what i think whenever i see other members planted tanks here, i automatically associate them with their tanks, thought it was only me, aw well another excuse to change the tank ofton......keep them guessing.

Thanks for the compliments, i appreciate them, like i say its hard to know what other people will think because you are looking at the tank each day and you get used to it, so it is good for others to throw a fresh eye on things even if that means negative feedback, its a learning process.

The driftwood i found in a lake and brought it home and washed and scrubbed it a few times and let it soak for a week or so, i had spotted a large piece of unusal bogwood in a lfs on my travels, and went back to buy it but the guy wanted loads of cash for it, later that day i found the driftwood, yeah i just like the shape of it.

Dont know about going far but i think im hooked, and thanks again for your advice and guidence when i needed it, im sure there will be plenty more advice needed, and its great to know that somebody in that section will help you out when your stuck, i might stick the photos up on The P T see what those guys think, although those guys wont answer my thread :D they dont have to because i learnt the answer here

Cheers gf

@ Jimbooo...........jimbooo if your tanks gets any nicer it will be embarressing :D

Thanks daza......... :)

Cheers guys, thanks for the replys.

Thanks Snailguy id say your pets would love it in there :)

Man, what a tank! Stunning!

Good job on the aquascape! ;) its great with that root!! And i like
the oto picture too! :)

zig said:
Nospherith, the plant in the foreground is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, but your probably correct i should split it more than i have, ill probably do that, thanks for the tip.
Ah, ok. I always thought of that stuff as microsword. I stand corrected. I was just trying to offer a suggestion and really I should be taking suggestions from you, that's one heck of a tank!

Thanks alot guys

Aussie_star

That is the most expensive plant in my tank, well i suppose if you call about 6 quid expensive :D i just liked the look of it, it looks exactly the same as the day i bought it, its a really slow grower, the plant is Anubias barteri var.barteri i think its pretty common, it should grow eventually to about 25-40 cms, so ill move it if it ever grows that big, but id say it wont be any time soon.

Nospherith

It looks exactly the same as micro sword (maybe it is, i must check it out) but i still think i should maybe split it a bit more, if i was to attempt to plant each individual strand, id still be at it in about a week, its really tightly condensed, but i pruned it the other day after reading Jimbolianas piece on pruning and ive since added po4 and i think its doing a lot better.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it :)

Fantastic pics Zig!

If ever proof was needed that the Estimative Index works, then your tank could be held up as a fine example.

It's obvious you did plenty of research before setting the tank up and it's paid off.... big time!

Well done!

If we had the TOTM contest that's a sure fire winner. It's about time Jimbooo and co. had some healthy competition.

I've recently looked over the few "great" tanks on this forum and I've got to say that yours is up there at the top mate. Respect.

Most reactions

Back