Planted Tank

chr15_8

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i bought a back to nature background the other week and i going to add plants to the tank in the next couple of weeks but cant decide what to do!

if i have background plants it will cover most of the background and ruin it so what type of plants would you use? (foreground and mid ground?) or them two with a couple of background plants for hieght?

not sure which way to go with

thanks

p.s. a pic of my tank so far..

Attachments

• Picture_025_2.jpg
    Picture_025_2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 44
Looks nice so far, how much light do you have over this tank? This will determine the type of plants you can grow, there is a pinned article on lighting at the top of this section of the forum, this will give you a better idea of where to start.

Looks nice so far, how much light do you have over this tank? This will determine the type of plants you can grow, there is a pinned article on lighting at the top of this section of the forum, this will give you a better idea of where to start.

at the moment i have 2 x 30w lights but im getting another 30watt light so it will be 90watts

i have worked it out to be about 2.3 watts per gallon as there is water behind the background which wont be used (so i didnt inclued it)

cheers for the comment :good:

if you have more than 2 wpg then you might want to think about getting co2 injections

Those 'back to nature' backgrounds look really great! how much did you pay for it?

thanks again for the comments

i got it from err. :look:

ebay for £26 ( i collected or £25 postage) :D

do they make them to size mate, cuz i would love a background like that

yea you can get them in different size's up to 6 ft

check out there site on www.backtonature.se

plants have arrived and planted (might change them around as im not sure yet)

any way heres the pictures

please give your honest opinion!

thanks

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

You certainly have lots of colour! One comment, the small green plant on the very far let, looks to be an anubias species? If it is, I would take it out of the gravel and tie it to the wood or rocks as it'll just rot if left in the gravel like you've got it now.

Sam

although it all looks great, i would of gone for a more natural environment, instead of all the plants just have rocks placed on the gravel bed, so it looks like the bottom of a river, lake or something.
but thats my opinion, its up to you after all :good:

You certainly have lots of colour! One comment, the small green plant on the very far let, looks to be an anubias species? If it is, I would take it out of the gravel and tie it to the wood or rocks as it'll just rot if left in the gravel like you've got it now.

Sam

what would be the best way to 'tie it to wood'?

i also wanted a bit of colour in there but i got loads of plants (didnt expect it!)

Spread the roots over the wood then just tie it down using cotton or fish line.

Sam

Most reactions

Back