planted tank showoff

fishwatcher said:
Anyone want to give me some pointers? :dunno:
Maybe start your own thread seen as though this is for planted tank pictures! :)

My tank from today: Not looking its best i know.... :unsure:

DSC02671.jpg

Oh well, why not. :)

98 l / 26 gal Asian community
2004-12-05_Aboakvariet.jpg

200 l / 53 gal community (taken after much of the plants had been cleared out :p)
050305-Pacific-026.jpg

It's been a while since this photo was taken and I've since binned the sword, and created another terrace where it once was and stuck all the vallis on it and I've also added some hygrophelia and anubias nana, but you still get the idea. Anyway here it is:

fulll760s.jpg

KarlosFandango, can I ask what kind of sand you use in your tank and where you got it?

This is my first attempt at a planted tank. Its only about 2 weeks old. So plants have alot of growing to do.

Oh and the background is a Guinness poster that happened to be an exact match. Just waiting on a proper background to arrive. :D

Attachments

• DSC00112.JPG
    DSC00112.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 58
wow they all look fantastic!!!!!!! how do you guys get your plants to grow so much & look so healthy????
is it co2 setups??? might have to invest.
heres ours..we've just got on top of a 4 month battle fighting horrible furry black algae so the plants look a bit scraggy but hopefully will improve soon :D

Attachments

• resizedfishtank.jpg
    resizedfishtank.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 56
millym said:
wow they all look fantastic!!!!!!! how do you guys get your plants to grow so much & look so healthy????
is it co2 setups??? might have to invest.
heres ours..we've just got on top of a 4 month battle fighting horrible furry black algae so the plants look a bit scraggy but hopefully will improve soon :D
well i wish it was just co2, there are a number of things that makes a good planted tank, equipment wise, Lighting and Co2 would be the main, but good filration and fertilizing are a major help.

Heh, am I the only lazy planted tank hobbyist who doesn't use any fertilizer or CO2? My plants only get a decent amount of lighting, that's all.

Most reactions

Back