Planted Tank Evloving

Not really just now, just letting things settle down with the higher co2 output.....noticed some valis runners that have come right to the front of the tank with new growth on them, think i might be overrun with valis soon :D.

Nutrafin bubble wall (two units together)

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 49
Just a couple of new pics.
Not much been happening, i'm waiting on a second nutrafin co2 kit to be delivered
that i won on ebay. Hoping that this will give me a better CO2 output for the size of my tank.

looking good. where did you get the twisting wood from if you dont mind me asking, it looks great, i have been trying to get something like that for ages

I Just found some of the twisted wood recently in my LFS in Edinburgh, think it adds an interesting look to the aquascape, kind of makes it more natural IMO.
When I counted how many bubbles I wa getting with the co2 ladder I counted them leaving the airline at the bottom. (Dont know if this is correct or not though)>
Id advise making your own mix as I found the sachets to be rubbish :)

I didnt have any joy with them Luke, but give them a try.
I set my kit up at first and left it over 12 hours and didnt get any bubbles at all.
Ditched the mix and started again with another set of sachets.......12 hours later nothing, went and bought some yeast, stuck some of that in and had bubbles in under 2 hours.
Now make my own mix...Fill unit to the 1st inside fins with sugar. Then fill with look warm water (not too warm or you will kill the yeast) to a wee bit under the second fin.
Add a half teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda and about three quarters of a teaspoon of Dried active yeast. I get bubbles in under 2 hrs and change the mix once a week. Now that I have two units I will change one on a Sunday and one on a Wednesday.
I use Allison Dried Active Yeast (bright orange tin 125g) ,bought it in tesco. Keep the yeast in the fridge.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• yeast.jpg
    yeast.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 37
Here is a pic of my Co2 setup beside my Eheim 2224 Professional external filter.
I forgot to say Luke, make sure you fit a non return valve inbetween your co2 canister and the ladder.
Mine are fitted pretty near the canisters, this stops water syhponing back down the airline.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 52
Just a wee update pic.
Vallis is still growning like crazy. Got a couple of runners appeared at the front right of the tank now which are showing very good growth.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 41
Still looking good mate, any change of a shot of the tank square on from the front?

Sam

Most reactions

Back