Plant Species Good For Bettas

If you want to avoid the hassle of actually planting anything then go for the plant on driftwood. If you want to be a little more adventurous then buy a nice looking bit of driftwood that complements the size of your tank and go with anubias nana and tie it gently to the driftwood with fishing line. After a month or two it will have attached itself and you can snip off the fishing line. This also works with Java fern and most types of aquatic moss to name a couple. I don't believe there is anything such as an unsuitable plant for a betta, as long as it is truly an aquatic plant - the more the better in fact.

bettas like to rest on things.. broad leaf plants are good for this :)

i have a plant, i cant remember what its called.. lemon something! its fine leaved and looks wispy, my betta loves it cause she hides in it :D

I've seen alot of amazon sword plants, I was just worried the leaves would be too wide and take up the whole tank, I only have a 1.5 gallon.

I was also concerned a certain plant could be toxic (if the betta nibbled on the plant), then again selling a plant toxic to any freshwater fish doesnt make any sense right?

Ok so i'll look for broad leaved plants. Do they need light, or at least how many hours? Aquarium salt wont kill the plant right because I have some in my water.

Why are you adding salt? I can't think of a single reason why you would?

I'd go with a single piece of anubias on a small piece of driftwood. It grows slowly, is extreemly tolerant of low light conditions and does not tend to create a lot of mess. I have mixed experience with amazon swords and its both bad! - They either die and rot or grow so big they become overwhelming.

Why are you adding salt? I can't think of a single reason why you would?
I'd go with a single piece of anubias on a small piece of driftwood. It grows slowly, is extreemly tolerant of low light conditions and does not tend to create a lot of mess. I have mixed experience with amazon swords and its both bad! - They either die and rot or grow so big they become overwhelming.

You would add salt to reduce the chance of diseases and help protect them generally. Maybe you should do some more research of your general fish caare, snipefish.

Most reactions

Back