Plant Problem

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

I have live plants in my coldwater and tropical tank and they dont seem to grow very well, appear to go yellow and then turn to brown sludge!!!. I plant them in pea gravel i've added some plant fertisliser which seems to be helping.

Wondered if anyone could give me some advice, i can't afford to buy C02 thingy and got no space to put it either.

Cheers Peeps

Bigfish, if you got a 10.00 dollar bill and room for 2 2liter bottles you have what it takes for DIY CO2. And yes it really makes a difference

Les

Bigfish, when I had problems with plants at first. How old are your tanks? Second, try a liquid plant supplement from your lfs. I also don't have a CO2 injector, but plants seem to grow great in both my flourescent and incandescent tanks. Good luck :hyper:

First we need to know what size tank u have, how many watts of lighting, and how many hours per day are the lights on?

Coldwater Aquarium is 6o litres - don't use much light as the room is very bright with natural day light but i do have a normal fluorescent tube wich i mainly use at night but im considering change it to an Aqua Glow tube but im not sure if they do an 8w 12 inch tube?

Tropical Tank is 43 litres bow fronted - doesnt have a light at all as the tank hood is just a sheet of glass but the plants do better in this one than the coldwater which has an under gravel filter plate & fluorescent tube!!!

Most reactions

Back