Plant List

_Cal_

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After this weekend, or next couple weeks my tank will have nutrients, and pressurized co2. I plan to buy my plants from live aquaria, and this is what I had in mind,
7-8 Micro Swords
1 Amazon Sword
5 Wisterias

I want to carpet my tank, do you think thats enough micro sowrds to do the job or more? As for the rest any suggestions on some other plants?

If you're going to be running CO2, I wouldn't advise an Amazon Sword. They tend to outgrow most CO2 tanks.

Stuffing your tank with stem plants is always a good idea until things settle down.

Good luck!

Yea, you need some fast growing stem plants to get a hold of the nutrients before algae does. When I first started, I didn't do that and now I have algae. Good thing it's slowing going away. :D

With the high amount of light you have, you should look at some red plants. They will get really red in your tank. Something like a Ludwida repens - that is a stem plant as well, so it will help out in the begining.

Hygrophilia is a good stem plant as well. My H. Polysperma got some cute pinky red tips to them with the light that I have... 2.4wpg

Most reactions

Back