Plant Lights?

winaldo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have purchased a 2nd hand tank a juwel 4ft tank
i now have it set up with 2x 300watt heaters i als have 2x external filters going one on a spray far for flow the other is not on spray bar
im going for planted tank set up so far have jave moss on logs and slate and i will be adding some liquid fert that i ordered today
i just want amazon sword plant some moss and any other easey growing plants
my question is i dont no how old bulbs are so going replace them what bulbs should i go for to help try keep my plants healthy the hood holds two bulbs aswell s be same two bulbs i buy what do u guys think

i have purchased a 2nd hand tank a juwel 4ft tank
i now have it set up with 2x 300watt heaters i als have 2x external filters going one on a spray far for flow the other is not on spray bar
im going for planted tank set up so far have jave moss on logs and slate and i will be adding some liquid fert that i ordered today
i just want amazon sword plant some moss and any other easey growing plants
my question is i dont no how old bulbs are so going replace them what bulbs should i go for to help try keep my plants healthy the hood holds two bulbs aswell s be same two bulbs i buy what do u guys think

First question is, What are they? T5s or T8s? Next question what wattage. They should tell you on the lights themselfs.

I am assuming this is the Rio 300? If so just get two High Lite Day bulbs and two High Light Nature bulbs, you will need the ones measuring 1047mm.

ok i had look at bulbs and can just make out them saying juwel aquarium ...........will take one out try find out more info i was just planning taking a bulb to a shop buying two new ones but was wondering what would be best kind bulb for my plants to go for its the thin tube bulbs aswell

just took out front bulb has nothing on it at all no writing nothing

What specific kind of tank is this in the Juwel range?

thanks for this i just looked online wuld juwel rio be right 4ft ..as the cabinet and everything is the same but its 4ft are

yeah googled rio 300 thats one .cant believe price i got mine in cabinet in excellent condition not mark on units plus 305 external filter heater loads extra for 150

You really can get some excellent deals on things if you keep an eye out for long enough.

Do you have the two light units that come as standard and can you see any further information on any of the bulbs? Failing that, see if you can look at the 1047mm T5 bulb in the shop and see if they match yours. The reason I ask is some tanks lighting units have been upgraded since T5 units became popular so there are still a few old T8 units around on the market, though now I think about it I'm pretty sure all Rio's are T5.

Like I said before, you should be fine with two High Lite Day bulbs and two High Lite Nature bulbs.

i will try find that out can i ask one thing ..u say 2 high lite day bulbs and 2 high lite nature bulbs is that the name off bulbs as i ny have room for two bulbs in total not 4

the unit says 2 x 54w then says 1047

My bad, I thought the Rio 300 had room for four bulbs but it seems instead that the bulbs just have higher wattage. The 2 x 54w just means you can have two bulbs with 54 watts each and the 1047 is just the measurement of the bulbs in millimetres. In this case I would get one High Lite Day bulb and one High Lite Nature bulb.

perfect will take ur advice g ne each ff them cant thank u enough fr ur help this afternoon just hope my plants ect grow now thanks

sorry about spelling o in the key board hardy working lol

Most reactions

Back