Plant Food

elmo666

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Bought some plant food recently off ebay, Lush max and trace. Was just wondering if anyone else might have used these and can give me some feedback please? Thanks

The best thing to do is get the analysis off it so you know how much you're adding. You can gauge if you're under dosing then.

IMO

Thats the problem. It does say whats in it but not at what concentration. It came in powder form, to be mixed with a litre of water. The reason I asked if anyone else had used it is that the stated dose seems a little low, 2.5ml per wk for low tech, the same doseage daily for high tech. Any thoughts?

Send them an email mate, I doubt it'll be a problem.
Any fertiliser should have at least an NPK number and analysis. They brought that law in to stop ppl selling magic pixie dust to farmers 100 years ago :good:

I have been using lush max of ebay now for about 3 weeks. Im dosing 5ml daily as i consider mine slightly high tech tank. From what i can see it seems to be alright my anaubias had started t get slight yellow on the edges but i think its recovering now and the only thing i can put it down to is lush max.

If it says to use in low and high tech then I imagine it should have NPK in it for the high tech.

Quick update, got this reply just before regarding the composition of Lush max.......Hello, The analysis of Lush max is as follows:N 1.3300% P 0.1231% K 3.8781% Mg 0.3885% S 0.5126% B 0.011% Cu 0.002% Fe 0.105% Mn 0.018% Mo 0.002% Zn 0.012%. Dosing at the levels suggested should rule out any chance of deficiency for all but the heaviest of planted jungles. What is more likely is that the light:CO2 ratio is not balanced well. Meaning too much light over the tank for the natural or injected CO2 levels meaning the 'deficiency' (and it is still a nutrient deficiency of sorts) is actually the CO2. This is an incredibly common problem normally leading to a never ending struggle with algae. BBA (short fluffy black growth on hardscaope) and staghorn (longer dark hairsy growth on plants leaves) are a very common sign of this and are often followed by many other types of algae. Another common failing is that there are too few plants in the aquarium and therefore algae finds a space to occupy for want of finding a better way to describe it. It isn't known by experts or scientists why but the very heavily planted aquariums that do not have to much light above them are the ones that have the least algae problems whether they are dosed with no ferts or overdosed by crazy multiples of the recommended dosing. Let me know and I'll see if I can advise but all of my tanks even those that are pressurised are algae free and are in the 1WPG region.

Most reactions

Back