Plant Beginner

fozzy81

Reaction score
hi all just wanted too firstly say this forum is fantastic with fantastic members.

i am new to the forum had my tank for over a month now all cycled and doing really well its a 110L and the current stocking is 3 neon tetra,2 zebra danios,2 black mollies,1 commom pleco and 2 dwarf gourami (males)i lost 2 neons 1 died the first night of having them but it down too stress and one trapped behind the filter that problem sorted now .. any way i want to try and start doing the whole live plant thing as i cant stand plastic plants but to be honest im looking for some help as i dont no where to start any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

We need to start by finding out what plants you want, I'm guessing you want easy plants to start with that don't really need C02, ferts and what not to do well? (Although they help)

Some plants I suggest:
Java Fern (I'm almost sick of seeing the stuff!)
Java Moss
Jungle Vallis
Water Wisteria

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to plants so I'm sure others will be of more help :)

You need some easy grow, plants.

Something like

Water Wisteria

Elodea densa

Java Moss

Java Fern

Vallis Vallisneria

Pleanty on Ebay, or other online shops. Should all be easy to grow.

Steve

We need to start by finding out what plants you want, I'm guessing you want easy plants to start with that don't really need C02, ferts and what not to do well? (Although they help)

Some plants I suggest:
Java Moss
Jungle Vallis
Water Wisteria

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to plants so I'm sure others will be of more help :)

Wow snap lol

Steve

hi yeah im after easy grow stuff to start with stuff thats eye catching etc can i plant staight into gravel or should i change the substate to sand which is idealy what i want to do i think

Sand is better in my opinion and if you get Argos play sand then you don't even have to worry about the price :hyper:

I think it's like £3 for 15kg

common plecs grow huge, and two male gouramis in that size tank will soon fight untill ones dead.

could i swap the one of the male dwarf gouramis for a female

Some plants I suggest:
Java Moss
Jungle Vallis
Water Wisteria

any tips on planting stuff like that
Java Fern - Attach to Bogwood
Java Moss - Can do whatever
Jungle Vallis - Plant in substrate but make sure only the roots are under
Water Wisteria - Plant in substrate or float

Most reactions

Back