Pinching Water

dobo68

Reaction score
HI NEW TO THE FORUM
LOOKING TO SET UP MY PREVIOUSLY USED COLD WATER TANK TO TROPICAL.
CYCLING??? COULD I KICK START THIS BY USING WATER FROM A FRIEND IF SO HOW MUCH WATER DO I NEED???
REGARDS :good:

Can only really insta-cycle with the filter sponges and some water.

Just the water won't work.

NO BUT YOU CAN TAKE UP TO A THIRD OF THE MEDIA FROM HIS FILTER TO KICK START YOURS WITHOUT HAVING A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON HIS!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, COULD YOU TALK A LITTLE BIT LOUDER PLEASE?

Hi & welcome to the forum, btw typing in all caps is classed as shouting.
Just using water won't help your filter cycle, ask your friend if he/ she will give you some of their media from their filter

As above, water from a mature tank itself will not help this new tank much, if your friend has a mature stable tank with 0 ammonia and nitrite readings for some time (>4 weeks), they could donate upto 33% of their filter media (sponges, pads, media etc.) to you and this will help lots. Then you can feed this media with household ammonia (maintaining 4ppm) to then get your filter cycled and ready to safely add fish in approximately 2-3 months (but all tanks "cycle" over defferent amounts of time).

Edit: What a horrid font the above is in size 7 with bold and underlining, LOL!:fun:

thxs for the quick reply people i will try to be a little quieter from now on.lol
ps fantastic forum.......... :good:

C'mon guys give him a break he may have a caps lock problem

:rofl: What a silly group! Welcome to the forum!

ps: I wanted to join in with something obnoxious so bad and fought it. :yahoo:

HERE YOU GO FRODO!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE forum! Find YOURSELF at HOME!!!!!!
:hi: :hi:

Most reactions

Back