Pictures From Iraq

juanveldez

helping big fish eat little fish everyday
Reaction score
Before you guys start asking for more I do have lots more but I can't post them because the Milita here were to see some of them people could very well get hurt. but I will post some as I get them.

Attachments

• Al_Sadune_Mosque_2.JPG
    Al_Sadune_Mosque_2.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 55
Me getting ready to go out on a mission

pics_of_me_leaving.jpg

AHHHH, I can hear them now......the mosque loudspeakers blaring out the call to prayer...Nice pics man!

Hi juanveldez, :)

I think I like the old architecture better than the new. :kewlpics:

It's always good to hear from you. Stay safe and well. . :D

View attachment 38830

lol arnt you safer inside??? lol keep your head down guy, or if not down, on. all the best to you and your company!!!!!
ps get me a hummer too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Good to see some of your pics Juan babe - the mosque is very pretty. Do they actually still ride up the tower on a horse to call people to prayer?

It looks a might small to me ;)

these next couple were taken while on patrol in an area to the south called saloman pak

they are of the rueins out there. I will have to go through and look at my pics I think that there are a couple good ones in there that you guys will get a laugh out of.

approach_to_the_ruins.jpg

another

the_runins.jpg

and another taken in downtown baghdad its a perfectly normal mode of transportation

perfectly_acceptable_mode_of_tansportation.jpg

The Mosque is beautiful, Juan. The tile inlay is stunning. At least it looks like mosaic tile to me. Keep safe, and keep the photos coming! I'm curious about the ruins as well, but be careful.

Thank you for your service. It's appreciated.

llj :)

well I have literally taken hundreds of pics in my year here in Iraq, I have tons more just waiting to be downloaded from the cam, but I just thought that I would post some, things here are always changing, and some times for the better, I don't have to go into downtown baghdad anymore, but the place that I work in is no less dangerous. its the kind of place that makes you thankful for the very least of what you have in your home. half the time these people don't even have clean running water. and the kids beg for everything including money. when they don't get anything they throw a few rocks but usually the sight of a 9mm pointed in their direction is enough to make them think twice about throwning that rock at me. but anyways these are some pics of various points in time while I was out on a mission.

Attachments

• Me_in_the_Lions_Den.jpg
    Me_in_the_Lions_Den.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_0295.jpg
    100_0295.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Home_Sweet_Home.jpg
    Home_Sweet_Home.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 44
When I was in Baghdad in 2005 I was shot at by the Americans 3 times and had an abraham turn on us. Very professional I think not with a stratagy of if your driving past a contact fire into it your not gonna win any friends sorry but I have no respect for the US Army for the reasons above.

I did get some pics of the ruins in Sal Man Pak, interestingly enough there was an article about a unit that just moved in there being the first forces there in three years I guess that the 9 months that I spent there didn't count any. there is also a pic of the Panorama building which used to be a museum but is just now a looted out hulk of a building, when they looted it they even took the marble tiles from the floor.

Attachments

• 100_0272.jpg
    100_0272.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_0273.jpg
    100_0273.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_0282.jpg
    100_0282.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 54

Most reactions

Back