Pics Of My New Shrimp

Jeez, had no idea they could get that big! Judging by how fast mine grows, that would take a LONG time... I'm thinking about getting another, because apparently if you have more than one they get less shy. Mine is so shy I didn't see him for about a month, thought he was dead, then noticed his shedded shell on the tank floor

I'd love one, but my wife has banned me. She reckons they are really ugly. lol. She wont even let me have bamboo shrimp or the like for the same reason. :angry:

Ahhh well, still have all those lovely caradina, neocaradina, macrobrachium and sulawesi varieties to chose among. :drool: Already bought the kit for our planned shimp only setup. :hyper:

Ade

Bamboo shrimp arnt ugly!! :crazy:

Mines a proper bright ruby red. :wub: lol

and some days hes a dark brown.

Tell her that if you don't buy one they'll be put down. :lol:

Guilt always seems to work. :good:

This is the woman who want me to put a recipe section on UK Shrimp so that she can post shrimp recipes! :blink:

Now if I can get to the LFS when they only have 1 left in the tank, and I can pull the "awww, look how lonely it is!" tactic.... Oops, found a flaw, she'll point out that there will still only be one. -_-

Ade

This is the woman who want me to put a recipe section on UK Shrimp so that she can post shrimp recipes! :blink:

Now if I can get to the LFS when they only have 1 left in the tank, and I can pull the "awww, look how lonely it is!" tactic.... Oops, found a flaw, she'll point out that there will still only be one. -_-

Ade

so wait til there's two left.. and go "aww, the next person to buy one will leave the other one all alone :( Let's get them both!"

sounds like a plan to me. :lol:

Ade

so wait til there's two left.. and go "aww, the next person to buy one will leave the other one all alone :( Let's get them both!"

sounds like a plan to me. :lol:

Muwahahaaaa! :sly: Worth a try....

Ade

My dad keeps looking at my shrimp and licking his lips! Apparently all Caridina species are edible so keep an eye on her :lol:

What you need is Stress Coat for your declorinator. There is a disclaimer on the back that says not to use it on livestock meant for human consumption. Whenever my day is looking hungrily at the tank i point at the bottle :p

Update on the shrimp: Mine disapeared for about a week around the time my other tank crashed and I was getting worried. I guess it just shed as it seems nice and visible now so must happy enough now. I think i've seen it every night for the last week. I've put the filter from the shrimp tank with the sponges removed into the big tank now to encourage more water flow, i think i need to move it so it points somewhere it can get to easier but it seems to appreciate the extra flow.

dont mean to hijack the thread but.......... do bamboo shrimp do better in groups or are they quite solitary?
I have read conflicting opinions so need to know if my single bamboo is lonely in there!

Cheers, G

Most reactions

Back