Pics Of My New Betta

Araxen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
A Couple weeks ago I was shopping at Wal-mart and say the 5gallon eclipse models they had there and I caved in and bought one for a betta tank. I set it all up and the next I went the Petland in Naperville, IL(excellent place for fish) and got a very nice looking Beta imo for $5.

(Warning: the pics are big and may not be for 56k users)
http://home.insightbb.com/~araxen/beta1.jpg
http://home.insightbb.com/~araxen/beta2.jpg
http://home.insightbb.com/~araxen/beta3.jpg
http://home.insightbb.com/~araxen/beta4.jpg

It was very hard to take pictures of him. He loves not living in his cup he was in and is swimming around all the time even though it's to chase his reflection on the sides of the tank. He has a buddy ghost shrimp living with him and he's looked nose to nose to him and hasn't eaten him so maybe later on I can get a different shrimp and move the ghost to my bigger tank.

Awww! :wub: I can tell from the photos that he is just such a happy guy! ^_^ Congrats on the new betta! He's a beauty! :D

OMG!! If it is the Petland near the mall..... Ewww! I can't say much about their fish section... it doesnt look anywhere near as bad as the rest of the store! The rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, etc area is disgusting!!! I only shop for fish stuff there...because of how horrid those animals are kept.
I have plenty of bad stories about them..... none fish related... but just be careful buying stuff from them.

OMG!! If it is the Petland near the mall..... Ewww! I can't say much about their fish section... it doesnt look anywhere near as bad as the rest of the store! The rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, etc area is disgusting!!! I only shop for fish stuff there...because of how horrid those animals are kept.
I have plenty of bad stories about them..... none fish related... but just be careful buying stuff from them.
rofl :lol:

nice photography :good: :hyper:

I only buy fish stuff there nothing else. They have the best selection I can find without having to drive into Chicago and all the fish are really well taken care of. Heck, I saw the guy there actually tell someone not to buy fish they just needed to keep there lights off to get rid of the algae(they were keeping their lights on 24/7).

Oh god... That... Is... ONE OF THE BEST BETTA FISH I HAVE EVER SEEN! Congrats.

Wow that is a really nice betta. Love his red, its like my DT HM I got about a week ago.

Ok good.... I agree.... the best fish place in town and the best kept fish area... I do have a problem with their other creatures (found dead hampsters, parakeets, finches, gpigs, rabbits, rats, etc in cages.... obviously had been there for a while).
I have yet to buy fish from there.... but i did see a BEAUTIFUL Mustard gas male there..... DROOL.... an a Pinapple..... DROOL@

Edit: Also for a good selection of fish stuff and well cared for fish.... go to Bolingbrook Petsmart..... I know most of the people there and are more knowledgable than petco across the street.

Ok good.... I agree.... the best fish place in town and the best kept fish area... I do have a problem with their other creatures (found dead hampsters, parakeets, finches, gpigs, rabbits, rats, etc in cages.... obviously had been there for a while).
I have yet to buy fish from there.... but i did see a BEAUTIFUL Mustard gas male there..... DROOL.... an a Pinapple..... DROOL@

Edit: Also for a good selection of fish stuff and well cared for fish.... go to Bolingbrook Petsmart..... I know most of the people there and are more knowledgable than petco across the street.
OMG I would kill for a mustard gas, thats what I've been keeping my eye out for since I have gotten into bettas, if I ever did see one and my mom said I cant get it, I'd probably...shoot her and then go buy it. :lol: Just kidding but I probably would seriously think about giving away one of my bettas so their tank would be open for him. Well maybe not :unsure:

Most reactions

Back