Pick-me-up Medication

yes, a Co2 level of 30ppm (which is roughly what you should be aiming for) will give you a pH drop of 1 point, so take the pH of your tank from 8 down to 7 which I think would be more comfortable for the rams.

yes, a Co2 level of 30ppm (which is roughly what you should be aiming for) will give you a pH drop of 1 point, so take the pH of your tank from 8 down to 7 which I think would be more comfortable for the rams.

I take it I adjust the ppm of CO2 but adjusting the bpm coming from the CO2 unit?

That would be good getting it down to 7mg.

Martin

yup, the more bpm (combined with some other factors such as placement of the diffusor, surface agitiation and probably more but i'm not a plant nut so don't know) the higher the ppm of Co2 in the water. it's generally recognised that you test the ppm of Co2 by testing the pH drop.

yup, the more bpm (combined with some other factors such as placement of the diffusor, surface agitiation and probably more but i'm not a plant nut so don't know) the higher the ppm of Co2 in the water. it's generally recognised that you test the ppm of Co2 by testing the pH drop.

Thanks Miss W,

And CONGRATULATIONS on the new job, well done :good:

I'm sure if enough of us get a petition signed, they'll supply you with a laptop so you can carry on supplying the good advice :lol:

Martin

thanks

well i will have a pc and likely an internet connection, however i will also have a job that interests me so i'll be doing that in the day not browsing on here!! ;)

thanks

well i will have a pc and likely an internet connection, however i will also have a job that interests me so i'll be doing that in the day not browsing on here!! ;)

lol we shall all just have to wait til the evening for your advice :)

thanks

in-between the renovations of the house..... i'll be on when I can. :) probably be on far too much still and i'm just being melodramatic!!

thanks

Oh yeah, try telling that to Dan or Suzy, they're so impatient... If they come down with a dodgy tummy and need some TLC and I can't supply it just the words 'sorry but Wiggles is working, you'll have to wait until tonight' they just will not be happy, not one bit!!!! Dan will throw a fit and quiff his bristles to one side and Suzy will just sulk - :crazy:

Okay, I'll wait I guess. I'll keep them occupied with summit I guess :(

Martin :p

thanks

Oh yeah, try telling that to Dan or Suzy, they're so impatient... If they come down with a dodgy tummy and need some TLC and I can't supply it just the words 'sorry but Wiggles is working, you'll have to wait until tonight' they just will not be happy, not one bit!!!! Dan will throw a fit and quiff his bristles to one side and Suzy will just sulk - :crazy:

Okay, I'll wait I guess. I'll keep them occupied with summit I guess :(

Martin :p

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

awww bless, you guys make me laugh so much. it's hardly like the world is ending. ;) :rolleyes:

I have two foods that always do the trick for picky eaters. Either tiny fry or microcrabs. If you think he's constipated you could try feeding him a deshelled pea. If the pea alone does not work you could try another pea with a tiny grain of epsom salt in it.

I have two foods that always do the trick for picky eaters. Either tiny fry or microcrabs. If you think he's constipated you could try feeding him a deshelled pea. If the pea alone does not work you could try another pea with a tiny grain of epsom salt in it.
Great advice - thank you.

Unfortunately he passed away last night :( But I will remember this and keep some epsom salt in stock.

Martin :good:

Most reactions

Back