Photographs Of My Aquarium

i cant say for sure that they will hurt your fish, they defiantly are not doing any good.

do you know that cichlids shouldn't be kept with live plants? they need lots of rocks to hide in.

Cichlids don't NEED rocks. It's just suggested, because it helps to raise the pH, and most cichlids will uproot plants anyway.

i cant say for sure that they will hurt your fish, they defiantly are not doing any good.

do you know that cichlids shouldn't be kept with live plants? they need lots of rocks to hide in.
I think you are thinking of African cichlids. The keyhole is a South American, which doesn't generally have a lot of rocks to hide in.

i cant say for sure that they will hurt your fish, they defiantly are not doing any good.do you know that cichlids shouldn't be kept with live plants? they need lots of rocks to hide in.
I'm fully aware of the needs of cichlids :good: tanganyikans need PH 8+ that's why you need the white holey rocks and the hard substrate for them; also they need room to hide away :) shell swellers too. Malawis are the same with water quality. Yes mine are south american, not african, but some african cichlids can tolerate softer water depending on where they originate from.cheers!
i cant say for sure that they will hurt your fish, they defiantly are not doing any good.do you know that cichlids shouldn't be kept with live plants? they need lots of rocks to hide in.
I think you are thinking of African cichlids. The keyhole is a South American, which doesn't generally have a lot of rocks to hide in.
you're right :good:
Cichlids don't NEED rocks. It's just suggested, because it helps to raise the pH, and most cichlids will uproot plants anyway.
haha my keyholes were trying to eat the roots of my plants when putting them into my tank the little boggers :)

picachu010.jpg

the closest I have to a full shot, but I'll get one. The other half has a few rocks.
:good:
you can see my keyhole at the bottom and my SAP in the left hand corner
cheers.

Just out of curiousity, why is this picture being posted Now when the picture is dated 1-5-05?? Is this an older pic this tank? Although the plants look out of place in there, the rest of the tank looks nice, I guess..

Currently, what are all of the fish in this tank? What size is it?

I have sigs turned off, so if listed in your sig, please list what's in there.

BobRoss

Probably doesn't have her camera set.
he's right, most LFS do this, they take ages to die so people think it's their fault <.<
will these plants harm my water and trouble my fish?I'll post some fish pictures as soon as!
All of those that I can see, will end up dying. Try to get a few shots of the plants closer up, and individually.

I have this filter media "Clean water" and it adds additional protection to the water and does just as much if even more than the filter alone :good: just telling cus my water is so clear :)

I'll have to see about these plants, because they have done quite well in my tank, but as you guys are telling me that they will do more damage than good.
What plants would you guys recommend then?

thanks for the comments :good:
the camera isn't set no!
and I'm not a her I'm a him haha

cheers

The reason why I haven't replied sooner is that I have had issues with my net, and like I said the cam' is at the wrong date.

I relocate my plants and scenary every week a water change.

I have eight fish in my 40 gallon tank. I'll add pictures of all my fish soon

cheers

Most reactions

Back