Ph Nightmare

stef30

Reaction score
i have done a test on my cycled tank and the ph is 7.2 but the fella in the shop says this is to high and the api test says this is normall
well confused anyone shed some light on this please :shout: :shout: :good: if this is right how do i lower the ph

Its not to high, check your tap ph, as ph can be different in a cycling tank.

as long as the pH isn't too terribly high or low, it should be okay. also depends on what kind of fish you have, a lot of them can tolerate different levels but some more sensitive fish might not be able too. you might wanna look up what your fish prefer before worrying :good:

The bloke in the shop said 7.2 is too high? What! 7.2 is more than fine.
Your ok to add fish now stef and why he said 7.2 is too high i'll never know... unless you were trying to buy softwater, acidic fish?

Thats fine. Its what mine is!
so what is the best fish for me as i am not asking the shop for advice anymore would african cichilds or other species be my best bet i was told to puy platties in but dont really care for them much :good: kinda like neon tetras but the ph will have to be about 6.5 to 6.8

Don't no till the tank has cycled, do you have a high ammonia reading as that will alter ph reading in the tank.

Don't no till the tank has cycled, do you have a high ammonia reading as that will alter ph reading in the tank.
there is no ammonia in tank as i am doing a fishless cycle will my aerater be causing this problem?.......

So the tank has cycled sorry thought it was cycling, read it wrong.
No aeration won't be doing anything.
It should take a few days for the bogwood to alter your ph, how much bogwood do you have in the tank.

So the tank has cycled sorry thought it was cycling, read it wrong.
No aeration won't be doing anything.
It should take a few days for the bogwood to alter your ph, how much bogwood do you have in the tank.
one piece about a 10" to a foot long pretty thick aswell is this enough?..... :unsure:

How many gallons is the tank.
Your tap ph will help answer some of the questions.

Thats fine then.
I would invest in a master liquid test kit so you can do your own testing on your tank water.

Most reactions

Back