Pfk Stocking Guide

richiej1979

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the PFK recommended to have 6 x neon Tetra's + 6 pygmy cory's and 5 Endlers?

I thought that was quite alot, what do you think?

what other info does it give, regarding filtration, maintenance, planting, tank dimensions etc etc

there's a lot of factors to take into account

I wouldn't have a problem with that stock in a 30 litre using a decent external filter.

what other info does it give, regarding filtration, maintenance, planting, tank dimensions etc etc

there's a lot of factors to take into account

Nothing - its just an example they gave for a 30l tank giving 10% for substrate plants etc so a 35L would probably be about the right size tank.

There was another bit that said more could go in if you over filter etc.

i do think it's over but i tend to err on the side of caution with stocking. less is more!

well filtered and maintained and heavily planted i don't think that's atroscious

I have 5 pygmy corys, 10 shrimp, 4 ottos and 1 dwarf rasbora(but gonna at another half dozen or so) in my 8gal heavily planted nano tank with no problems at all.

I have 5 pygmy corys, 10 shrimp, 4 ottos and 1 dwarf rasbora(but gonna at another half dozen or so) in my 8gal heavily planted nano tank with no problems at all.

Wow - so what water parameters are your oto's in?

My LFS will only sell Oto's if you have RO water?!?!?!

Wow - so what water parameters are your oto's in?

My LFS will only sell Oto's if you have RO water?!?!?!

Soft slightly acidic water, they are generally easy fish to care for provided they are acclimatised well and you get good stock.Mine have lived in another tank for ages and are now just settling into my nano.

Most reactions

Back