Pfk Aqua-cube Desktop Tank

ASD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got this tank a couple of weeks ago and just got round to setting it up, theres nothing in there at the moment apart from sand, rocks and shells. I will be adding some of the Shell Dwelling species from lake Tanganyika, probably Neolamprologus Oscelatus or N Brevis. I am on the lookout for a trio of these delightful little fish with a view to breeding them, fingers crossed.

Tank Specs.

SuperFish 'AquaQube 25 litre tank
SuperFish internal filter with sponge and carbon
100w Heater
T5 11w clip on light unit.
Coral sand
River cobbles
Tanganyikan shells

I have just placed the rocks in at the moment with no real effort to hide the heater ect.. I will have to rearrange the rockwork to try and hide it and the filter.

Pics

:rolleyes:

:shifty:

Attachments

• HPIM0332.JPG
    HPIM0332.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 54
  • HPIM0334.JPG
    HPIM0334.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 53
  • HPIM0333.JPG
    HPIM0333.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 48
  • HPIM0335.JPG
    HPIM0335.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 49
  • HPIM0336.JPG
    HPIM0336.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 53
i think it looks amazing... i wanted to get one of these but by the time i made my mind up they were all gone

:no:

lovely tank! if I were you i would add a few more shells before you add the shellies because they like having more than a shell each to choose from.

I bought 3 occies yesterday for my tang tank and they are absolutely amazingly coloured! only one of them has picked its shell just now... and there are 30 to choose from!!

greg :good: :good:

I agree, definitely add more shells.

I would have gone for neolamprologus multifasciatus in that tank as well, the others might be a bit boisterous in a tank that size.

Yep, i will be adding more shells,just as soon as i get to the lfs.

SHADY, Small Cichlids that live in shells from lake Tanganyika.

Gah! My tank hasn't come yet :rolleyes: .
I agree with RadaR, its great to see something different, though i'm making mine planted like most people :look: .
Very nice tank, be sure to post pics of the fish when you get them :good: .

Yep, i will be adding more shells,just as soon as i get to the lfs.

SHADY, Small Cichlids that live in shells from lake Tanganyika.
good choice :good: cant wait to see more pics :good: :good:

Thanks George, i'm loving the planted tank articles in PFK by the way. Yeah the rocks will be properly placed, i think i am going to take the top one out completely and replace with smaller cobbles. Ideally i want to disguise the heater and filter but it is quite difficult in such a small tank without plants.

I will just have to get creative with the aquascaping, maybe milliputing some rocks together? :shifty:

Nice tank..... Would love to see more photos with fish.

What do you think a nicely sized tank for Tanganyika's would be ?

Hi YoungFishBreeder,

The Cichlids from lake Tanganyka vary in size from as little as 1" for the little shelldwellers that will be going in this tank, right up to the mighty and one of my all time favourites Cyphotilapia Frontosa/Gibberosa, which can attain sizes greater than 12". If you wanted to try your hand at 'Tangs' then there is a wealth of information on the net, as with all fish, research before you buy.

Nice tank..... Would love to see more photos with fish.

What do you think a nicely sized tank for Tanganyika's would be ?

around 55g is a good size for tanganiyikan fish. I used to keep neolamprologus multifasciatus, paracyprichromis nigripinnis "blue neon" some synodontis catfish and had room for more tanganiyikans in my tank.

This tank looks great though, low maintenance. Don't think the sand will stay how it is at the moment though!

Most reactions

Back