Peter's Petite Pair Of Picos

CUC may depend on availability, again in the stores I visited recently they only had a few snails and hermits. So was thinking of starting with couple of snails (I can't recall which they had) and a hermit.

But I need to look more closely, wasn't really considering CUC at that point!

As for inverts ... again not totally sure yet. Would love a Lysmata Amboinensis (are you impressed, llj? Red Lined Cleaner Shrimp for everyone else!) but will have to see how that would fit in such a small space. Otherwise maybe a Peppermint Shrimp, depending on whether I can identify the goby/shrimp pair and how they would get on.

Porcelain crabs are appealing too, but need to read up on their suitability.

CUC may depend on availability, again in the stores I visited recently they only had a few snails and hermits. So was thinking of starting with couple of snails (I can't recall which they had) and a hermit.

But I need to look more closely, wasn't really considering CUC at that point!

As for inverts ... again not totally sure yet. Would love a Lysmata Amboinensis (are you impressed, llj? Red Lined Cleaner Shrimp for everyone else!) but will have to see how that would fit in such a small space. Otherwise maybe a Peppermint Shrimp, depending on whether I can identify the goby/shrimp pair and how they would get on.

Porcelain crabs are appealing too, but need to read up on their suitability.

Oooo, scientific names. I am impressed. I'm also considering Lysmata species for my Caribbean biotope as two very nice species are native. For the 8g, I'm not so sure, I'd like to try a different genus.

llj

Well I've finally made a few additions to the tanks!

In my tank:
Ricordea
HlXCU.jpg

Palythoas
JvljD.jpg

Morphs
4eH6k.jpg

And in Ang's:
Ricordea
sOajz.jpg

Morphs
15c1K.jpg

Red Sea Fan/Gorgonian(?)
9lxX9.jpg

I also had this delivered today, which was for my saltwater storage tub to go with the heater and keep it fresh:
8piQN.jpg

But I was surprised at how small it is, and how powerful, so in one of the tanks it went for trial:
IMG_20110815_151129.jpg

IMG_20110815_151138.jpg

And there it's staying, with two more on order! At $5 each can't really beat it.

Looking good
:good:

Well, some of it! One hermit crab per tank, one snail per tank. Definitely need to add a couple more snails I think.

My snail just spent a few hours sitting on top of the poor polyps ... =0)

Well, some of it! One hermit crab per tank, one snail per tank. Definitely need to add a couple more snails I think.

My snail just spent a few hours sitting on top of the poor polyps ... =0)

See what he does first. You're tank isn't all that big, so maybe if you wait a bit, he may do the job for you. Haha, tell him to get off your polyps. :lol:

Copepods! And a tiny, tiny snail.

Obviously no chance of getting pics ...

I was initially freaked out to see tiny white specs (reminded me of fleas) running around the glass, but happier now I know they are beneficial!

Actually, if the copepods are as fast as he says they are, perhaps a video clip would be best. :D

But we'd accept pics.

I'll try to get one or the other tomorrow =0)

A really bad video, but if you squint you can see the copepods =0)
(might need to view on youtube and max screen)

Most reactions

Back